restroom or loo symbols

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
bareman43

restroom or loo symbols

Post by bareman43 »

Has any one noticed the mark for the women's restroom is a skirted figure ? Isn't this politically incorrect these days ?
Bareman43
howardh

Re: restroom or loo symbols

Post by howardh »

At least it's easy. Some toilets have gone down the root of showing male/female symbols, you know the one, a cross on/underneath a circle.
That's me down to a 50% chance of getting the right one, 'cos I ain't got a clue which is which. Have to admit to popping my head into strange toilets to see if there are any urinals.
Best bet is to make all toilets unisex, like they do in many bars.
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

bareman43 wrote:Has any one noticed the mark for the women's restroom is a skirted figure ? Isn't this politically incorrect these days ?
Bareman43
Someone posted a symbol sometime ago, where the toilet signs were as we know and a busty lady in trousers and a tartan kilted man with a man's matching Scottish bonnet were approaching. I don't know where this is posted.
Colin.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Is this what you are looking for ??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/ ... a0382l.jpg

Greg[/color]
stefan

Post by stefan »

Gregg1100 wrote:Is this what you are looking for ??

Greg[/color]
Greg,

Nice picture. That is what is happening. I.e. most women wearing trousers and some men wearing skirts. Maybee it is our time to take over the skirst altogether since most women like to wear trousers. I say let them have them and let us have the skirts. :D

/Stefan
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I went to the theatre some time back. There are two sets of toilets there, one upstairs and one downstairs. Most people used the downstairs ones (next the the bar). As there was a queue outside the ladies, some of them started to use the upstairs gentlemen's room, giggling "Well, we're wearing trousers like the sign on the door". I was wearing a kilt ... wonder what they would have said if I'd gone into the ladies room and used the same argument about the sign on the door? (I certainly wasn't going into the gent's room if it was full of women!)
The same happened in Corfu. Two identical cubicles, one for each gender. The women's was empty, and I waited for the men's to become empty - and a woman came out :roll: If I'd know I'd have gone into the women's. They'd say they were being practical, but how many would say I was being practical if I'd gone into the womens? And she didn't leave the seat up for the men - so much for equality :evil:

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mipi »

Charlie wrote:I went to the theatre some time back. There are two sets of toilets there, one upstairs and one downstairs. Most people used the downstairs ones (next the the bar). As there was a queue outside the ladies, some of them started to use the upstairs gentlemen's room, giggling "Well, we're wearing trousers like the sign on the door". I was wearing a kilt ... wonder what they would have said if I'd gone into the ladies room and used the same argument about the sign on the door? (I certainly wasn't going into the gent's room if it was full of women!)
The same happened in Corfu. Two identical cubicles, one for each gender. The women's was empty, and I waited for the men's to become empty - and a woman came out :roll: If I'd know I'd have gone into the women's. They'd say they were being practical, but how many would say I was being practical if I'd gone into the womens? And she didn't leave the seat up for the men - so much for equality :evil:

Charlie

Those are double standars for sure. I think you would get some more juicy words instead of "practical". :shock:
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I have seen an instructive version of a male stick figure-based on an inverted pyramid, wtih circular head and sticks for limbs. However, the next door had a skirted stick figure for women.

I have seen descriptions of women having an "hourglass" figure. Could someone use this to design a (non-skirted) stick figure for women?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

How about identical skirted figures with muscular arms on the male figures, huge boobs on the female figures? hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

There's always the Utilikilt restroom sign http://www.utilikilts.com/store/index.php?cPath=16 4th item down.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Charlie wrote:...Two identical cubicles, one for each gender. The women's was empty, and I waited for the men's to become empty - and a woman came out :roll: If I'd know I'd have gone into the women's. They'd say they were being practical, but how many would say I was being practical if I'd gone into the womens?
Today I found a skirt that I've been eyeing up for a while (calf length sand coloured linen - pictured here and here.) had been reduced to half price. They had the size I usually buy and my tape measure confirmed that it ought to be OK but I always like to try clothes on if possible and so asked if there was a fitting room available.

The assistant lead me around to the nearest fitting rooms and then paused and checked with another assistant "Is it OK for a man to use these changing rooms?" The reply was a refreshing "I don't see why not, we let ladies use the ones on the Mens' floor"

No one, neither staff nor other customers, batted an eyelid at me trying then buying the skirt.

Have fun,

Ian.

Edited to add link to post of this skirt, "modelled" by Yours Truly, here.
Last edited by Milfmog on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Charlie wrote: And she didn't leave the seat up for the men - so much for equality
WaitAminit. Doesn't the Men's room have standing urinals as well as toilets? If so, wouldn't that mean the men SAT to do the "other thing"? And if so, she was being courteous to leave the seat down for the next man that needed a stool station instead of a dribble drain. :twisted:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Since1982 wrote:
Charlie wrote: And she didn't leave the seat up for the men - so much for equality
WaitAminit. Doesn't the Men's room have standing urinals as well as toilets? If so, wouldn't that mean the men SAT to do the "other thing"? And if so, she was being courteous to leave the seat down for the next man that needed a stool station instead of a dribble drain. :twisted:
Can anyone tell me why women apparently have so much trouble working a toilet seat? :hide:

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

Milfmog wrote: Can anyone tell me why women apparently have so much trouble working a toilet seat?
Maybe women just would prefer not touching the "stool station" with their hands in the Men's Room. After all, they can "bump" it with a purse to the down position without actually touching it with a naked body part > hand, which would be needed to lift it to the open for men position. :lol: :lol:

Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

Gregg1100 wrote:Is this what you are looking for ??

Greg[/color]
A belated yes & thank you. Thanks also to Charlie for the Utilikilt sign.
Colin.