Pretty good reaction

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Pretty good reaction

Post by Pythos »

So, I was invited to one of the reporters I fly with holiday party.

For the party I decided to wear the terribly named, but awesome pants. (the disco pant from American apparel)

So, after taking a shower, and drying off I got these wonderful things on which is a bit of work to say the least. (I had just washed them a couple of days ago and not worn them since. So they were not stretched one bit) I decided to forgo hose or anything else under them because of this. With them I wore the gray sweater featured in my "what are you wearing out and about post this date" with a black t-shirt under that, and my black ankle boots. I also was a bit more daring than I usually am when wearing such items, and wore a regular length leather jacket (not my usual trench coat), and went without my usual belt.

Upon my arrival and offering of Guiness I was welcomed in, the only off the cuff remark was "You brought the guiness, and some shiny pants" This was quickly followed by one of the lady reporters saying "those look really good on you". Remember these people are used to seeing me in my work coveralls, and have never seen me in my daily wear. There were a couple of men at the party that did not like what they saw, but then again all they did at the party was put food in their fat faces (these guys were huge). A couple of times through the party I saw one or two of the female reporters really scoping me out (too bad they are quite a bit older than I, or married). Aside from that there was nothing else said, I was included in the conversation just like everyone else (except the aforementioned guys who only participated by stuffing their guts;) However aside from me the standard fair for both men and women...blue jeans, except for one of the lady reporters that had on a short gray dress with cotton stirrup leggings underneath. She would have looked much better (at least to me) in a nice shirt, and black nylon lycra leggings (I really don't like cotton ones, they just don't look good) But at least she was a break from the sea of denim. Hell even the young girls at this party (16 and under:() were wearing the blasted uniform of the 90s. But I will say most of the people there were nice people. All in all it was a good evening.

As for the pants, I am quite pleased with them.

The pants wore well, and were never uncomfortable, even if they sort of sagged at the knees. These aren't the typical tight, or leggings, these are in fact pants, just made of very thick spandex. The knees are what get a little rippled, as well as the bum. But the effect is not all that bad really.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pretty good reaction

Post by Ray »

Sounds like a good party, Pythos. It's always encouraging when you get positive comments in the way that you did.