Wow 6 Years

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Wow 6 Years

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

It was on the 2nd of October 2002 that I first wore a dress in public…. WOW! 6 YEARS! I can’t believe it has been 6 years I ventured out not wearing trousers. I can’t believe it because I remember thinking at the time I wasn’t going careering around in a dress for a whole year so I’d never imagined I’d be doing it in 6 years later. I guess the reasons I still careering around in a dress 6 years on is that I’m not the kind of person whose prepared to be bullied into compromising upon what’s comfortable for me. Plus I still get just a bigger buzz on the 2nd of October 2008 from venturing out & flaunting the stupid conventions society has about gender fashion stereotypes as I did back on the 2nd of October 2002. Ultimately I’m still as dedicated to the cause of Men’s Fashion Freedom as I’ve ever been.
Uncle Al

Re: Wow 6 Years

Post by Uncle Al »

Way to go Ziggy on 6 years of comfort :!:

:rock:

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

ziggy_encaoua wrote:It was on the 2nd of October 2002 that I first wore a dress in public…. WOW! 6 YEARS! I can’t believe it has been 6 years I ventured out not wearing trousers. [...] Ultimately I’m still as dedicated to the cause of Men’s Fashion Freedom as I’ve ever been.
Well done, Ziggy! Well done, indeed! :rock:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Well done too, And I too am very dedicated to the cause of Men’s Fashion Freedom as I’ve ever been. Of which skirt (dress) wearing obviously is the main point of attention.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Happy anniversary! :toast:

sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

3 years for me in skirts in public, thanks to this site. 50 years in my home afraid to go out and see what people would do or say. I can honestly say that the series of Tom's Cafe/SkirtCafe has changed my life. I just wish I'd seen something like this site/or met people like there were/are on this site 40 years ago after I'd finished my schooling. How different my life would have been....O well..better late than never! :thewave: :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mipi »

Good for your comfort and freedom. :cheers: