For the modern knight

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

For the modern knight

Post by Juan »

For all of you, modern-day Samurais, Crusaders and chivalric warriors of the streets: young designer Kim Choong-Wilkins, a recent graduate from the Royal College of Art, has already devised the emblems of your knighthood.

Bodybound, his spring 2010 collection, includes beautiful Katama like trousers and, of course, skirts, as well as close-knitted, laminated or studded armour-like tops with wide shoulders and Ninja cloaks.
RCA_09_MA_1736.jpg
More pics in my blog: http://newmalefashion.blogspot.com/

Take care!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Re: For the modern knight

Post by Bob »

Hmm.... I think it's visually unbalanced, with too much down below and not enough on top.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

with men's typically wider shoulders, a heavier bottom balances that. i like these looks.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Looking at the picture my first thought was that the boots are too thick and take away from the skirt, as does the prominent zipper. Not sure what I'd prefer to see on the model's feet but it was a heavy bottom. Gotta be glad designers are working with male skirt designs though!
Different_Trains
Distinguished Member

Post by Different_Trains »

I love the look and would certainly wear it! I usually wear big boots with my kilts and skirts anyway.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

i'd definitely wear this, but i'd probably add a shirt. either open as a top layer, or closed under the vest.

from what little i can tell about the boots, i think they look great. i'd love to see a better photo of them, i can't be certain of anything specific about them.

thanks for the picture, juan!
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Skirt Chaser said: Gotta be glad designers are working with male skirt designs though!
That's true, what a lot of us do wish though is some normal manly looking day job working skirts for general usage and not things that look like an escapee from an Art Neveau(sp.) display. The women didn't start in trousers wearing heavy makeup, very expensive silks and extreme colors that would only be worn at fancy parties in Millionaire digs. They started in heavy duty overalls doing the men's jobs in factories during World War 2, while their men were fighting the Germans and Japanese. Later, they feminized the clothing, but that took over 40 years to standardize. I just don't think most men looking for a new style of clothing are ready for thousand dollar outfits to wear at work or to their son/daughter's soccer game.

Just my opinion. :D :D :D :hide:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Rich_L

Post by Rich_L »

This is something like what I've been looking for, and I too would wear a shirt under it.
What I have been finding look more like night shirts