Impending Schisms

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
flarob

Re: Impending Schisms

Post by flarob »

Gentlemen, Gentlemen:

Why the Bickering? I know, everyone has their own comfort level. Some wonder why others will not push some envelope, as opposed to staying with what they are comfy with. Some are comfortable with, Just Kilts, Just dark plain skirts, Just denim or jean skirts, Just short skirts, Just femme style skirts -- Ohhh the list could go on and on.

Thing is: No matter what your - or someone else's skirting style is - SO WHAT - Its all good.

Other interest groups would be ELATED to see the demise of this mens skirt wearing group. I'm sure you can figure out who they are without me listing them. This whole thing of Men pushing for fashion freedom is not unlike when women were pushing for the same thing that started in the late 1950's.

Many of you are not old enough to remember how the womens groups of that time argued and bickered among themselves about "how women would go streight to hell" if they wore trowsers. Today, if one looks around at lunchtime in any big city, only a very small percentage of women are wearing skirts. Its less than 10%.

Let us NOT fall into that morass of bickering and name calling about what some of us do or wear or how we wear our clothing. Yes I know some things disturb our sensibilities.

So what - GET OVER IT - Unless the public begins to see men wearing skirts "As Men" the whole movement will see its demise - again. Thats exactly what - other groups want !!

We should be a support group for each other and if you dont agree with someone, you can politely disagree or better yet Dont Say Anything. Just remember that women would just LOVE to continue to keep men in the background and inconsequential.

Well I could write a tome about this, suffice to say - there are other groups just licking their chops to see this movement Fail. Rob
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Our Schism has passed like a summer storm and, I'd say that, we are now probably more careful and tolerant of each other's foibles. We all accept that nobody is perfect ('Cept me of course :bom: ) May it not flare again with any ferocity as we are, in our associating, widening our outlooks. A case in point is that I am seriously considering going out in one of my dresses!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Flarob, -sigh-...didn't you bother to look at the dates on that controversy before you dove in to dig it all up again? It started Jan2 09 and ended Mar 3 o9.....There's been no bickering or arguments about it for a month and a week. Let it die please. :blue:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

Brandy wrote:I think AMM has pretty well nailed it. ....(Abbreviated by Colin)......

Right now there are several "men-in-skirts" threads running, most seem to be infected with a troll named "Alf Huckham" his avatar is a brick. There is a certain advantage to being below some peoples radar screen........................
Just to update:- Alf is still around at Femalefirst - 100 pages of bump and "Men do not wear skirts!". There are other Trolls, both members and guests, who may be members in disguise and support the likes of Alf.
Colin.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Can't find anything else to argue about??? This thread is really old news and was basically over in early March. PLEASE don't dredge it up and start new arguments, PLEASE. :blue:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kris
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kris »

Perhaps one of the resident baristas would like to lock this thread down so it doesn't get opened again. The smell of an old, stale thread just doesn't go with all the fresh good coffee we have here at the Cafe. :)

Kris