What are you doing today?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

What are you doing today?

Post by DALederle »

For years everyone has posted a what are you wearing today (right now) on most MIS_MIK web sites. That's all well and good.
But I think the real question should be: "What are going to do today."
I've worn a skirt to jury duty. To the hospital for tests. To my doctor's offices. Out shopping at various stores (Walmart, K-mart, Sears, Blockbuster, etc.). Just about anytime I wanted to and no one has complained. I would have thought that the police or guards or judges at Jury Duty might have been a problem but they weren't.
So it doesn't really matter what we wear today. It's what we do while we are wearing something today that counts the most.
Today I'm in my brown twill, maxi skirt (that only come down to below my calfs) with t-shirt and grey, zipper front sweater vest, white "trouser socks" (knee highs) and my new, far more comfortable high heeled pumps. The new shoes are a real men size 15, with a square toe and a square or block heel only 1-3/4" high. Totally more comfortable to wear then the two inch, pointy toed pumps I first bought.
Most of my day I will be doing re-writes on my old novel( I wrote it 29 years ago). But I will go down to the curb and bring up the garbage cans. And then run to the drug store for a few things I need.
I see no one giving me a hassle about my skirt, hose or shoes. At least not to my face, and to my back I don't care about. I have had women stop me, in the past, and talk about why I'm wearing a skirt or kilt. But never a man.
So, what are you doing today.
Even just hanging around the house is good to because it helps us (you or me) get used to being in our chosen clothes until we do go out.
Dennis A. Lederle
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Sarongman »

Really, I think what we are doing today will be, most likely, boring and routine duties and barely worthy of mention. However, to start the ball rolling, today I am going into town for shopping with my S.O: As the weather has turned cool, I am wearing an ankle length khaki skirt by Gap and a cobalt blue long sleeve cotton shirt over a white l.s. tee. Black socks and elastic sided riding boots on my feet. I can't vouch for my S.O. bot suspect it will be slacks! It is 6.30 am here as I post and she is only just waking up!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Today? Work. Same tomorrow, the day after, and all the way through Friday. Skirts are not an option I'm willing to pursue at work.

Off the clock, however, I'm sitting in front of the computer with my top half attired as it was at work (black dress shirt and red waistcoat) but I've swapped my grey trousers for a burgundy tiered skirt with ruffle and lace trim -- and I just got back from a trip to the local bank.

Chucking trousers in favour of a skirt isn't always the first thing I do when I get home, but it's one of the first things. Pitching the work clothes is always a great pleasure.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I'm just off kayaking bye
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

This is old news, but I wore a denim skirt to my last VA appointment at the Phoenix Hospital. I just decided to go for it and got absolutely nothing from anyone. A couple looks in the long hall near the clinic's, but nothing long and hard that I know of.

I like the ones that have pockets and look just like shorts, so maybe... Partly for the pockets, can't do well without them, and I'm just not comfortable with a bag as yet, even though I've done that a couple times without a look either.

Tom
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I'm confused. What's the primary difference between "What are we doing today?" and "What are we wearing out and about?" Pretty much the same aren't they? :roll: Most of us are posting when we'd be answering either of those so "What are we wearing as we post?" comes into play also. Too many redundant topics and that whole issue might get downright boring.

However, as I'm sitting here posting, after coming in from spending the evening at a nearby house party, and having just changed my clothes from the long sleeved burgandy T-shirt, straight dark blue twill skirt, chocolate brown tights and brown loafers into a horizontally striped knee length nightshirt and bunny slippers...I will be going to bed as soon as the rush from the party passes. I'm usually very awake after a party for at least 3 hours, but when I do get to sleep I am passed out for 10 to 12 hours straight. Took me a while to find size 12 w bunny slippers but good things cometh to he who waiteth if he worketh like -h-e-l-l- (thats a line thru it,*my bad*) while he waiteth. :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Well, today being Sunday, as little as possible. Got up, put on a few layers of long undershirts of silk, cotton and marino (cooler here now, but still dry),marino t-shirt and long "king of Tonga" heavy lava-lava. After the dishes, in denim skirt (same other stuff) down to shops for groceries and port. "King-a-Tonga" ever since! However, yesterday, i had my "plumbers hat" on (i.m normally electronics) redoing some of the mickey-mouse plumbing in this 19th century cottage. For that, and shifting lots of stuff to get to the pipe, i had on old t-shirt and long old tough polycotton lava-lava. Which is good for working on cars, or building amps or such. For painting, i have a different one, shorter for climbing ladders etc. Jack.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

I am wearing a short, blue, dance circle skirt - silky type material - but has a lovely shape - see picture and a white women's short sleeved top. I prefer long pelerine socks as I find these really comfortable and they allow my feet to breathe. However, to go out I change the skirt for a pair of flaired women's jeans that are really comfortable.
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Sorry, but whitesocks didn't actually say what he was DOING today. However, i reckon this could be one of the most interesting threads. What were you DOING today? What was i doing today in the big old "worky" lava-lava? That was connected to what i was doing last Saturday, which was a small piece of plumbing. Putting in a pipe which bridged out a whole bunch of redundant pipes, some (gasp!) still the old gavanised steel ones still connected to the system, left over from when there were two flats(apartments??) in this small cottage before i came. But i also isolated the toilets and laundry, which used to be the other bathroom. What i have been doing therefore is cleaning the encrusted paint etc. off the fittings and preparing them and the new brass ones from the ships chandler and me for the seat etc. of the "other" toilet, now that i have a nice panel door in between what used to be the two bathrooms. Which means i can get rid of the current toilet, hooray! The "new" toilet is really a restored and subtly improved version of the "original" one.(hardly original, as the cottage was shifted in the 1950s, and these parts were put in then). Who knows what the original 1880s plumbing was like! But this is also a "spoof"toilet. There are people of crass taste(Saddam comes to mind) who must have lashings of gold fittings everywhere (maybe solid in his case) but i know that gold plating is not at all expensive. I get valve sockets and screws done all the time for the valve (tube) stuff i build, and once you are over the minimum charge, a few more pieces cost very little more. So i decided this toilet, which is nice, with with nicely stained and varnished solid local rimu wood seat and tank and visible pipe or two (painted Oxford blue) should have gold fittings. I have been in new houses which sport huge gold taps etc. connected to their plastic plumbing (only copper and brass here now!) and big gold door handles and so on. Everywhere but in the toilet! Get it! So bits and pieces, including new brass screws etc. from the ships chandler and me,for the seat etc. go down to the platers tomorrow. My isolating cock is a picture, with visible parts plated and lovely cast wheel (black of course) rescued from old pressure valve or something. And the large handle, rescued from the existing toilet, shortly gold, should look spiffing on the nice varnished timber cystern! Such luxury. Was that interesting? Just a bit of plumbing really. Jack.
whitesocks

Post by whitesocks »

Hi Jack, you are quite right I didn't say. However, it was one of those laid back days, a few beers bit of a doze and a touch of telly. So, very little in summary. :-)
Skirts, man's best friends :-)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Nice paragraph Jack, very interesting. Full of great facts I didn't know. ty.. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

I donned a calf-length plain A-line skirt and sat in Artillery Park grading exam papers. Then cycled over to the wine shop to replenish the cave and returned home.

Last week I attended French Quarter Fest in a floor-length red floral sarong-like skirt. Ran into a colleague who was signing in a chorale event, and we joked that somewhere between his Tuxedo and my Skirt they was a 'normal' man.

After dinner at the new Spanish place (http://www.galvezrestaurant.com) the waiter made a point of complimenting my attire - said I looked very comfortable in this hot weather and he wished he were equally so...as he tugged on his tie.

Chris
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Today i enjoyed wearing my new first proper dress! Can't say i did much of use. Found a piece of rimu wood for cystern, conferred with visiting and phoning friends, tried to get a knob off a 1920s radio. Not out of it. Adam captured this shot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.