Hi all.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Neil

Hi all.

Post by Neil »

I'm new to the Skirt Cafe, but not new to wearing skirts. I'm thrilled to be here to share experiences in skirt wearing as a man. I've been wearing skirts since I was 13 (I'm 33 now), and I am generally public with my skirt wearing. While there are times when I go skirt-free, I am much happier and enjoyable to be around when I am wearing skirts. A bit about my style: I am for a genderblending look. I wear women's skirts (knee-length or shorter only!), with pantyhose and women's shoes exclusively (nearly always high heels), and I pair these with either a man's button down shirt or a man's sweater. I look exactly like I am: a man in a short skirt and heels. I prefer this look because, to me, it looks the most finished and coherent. It's also incredibly comfortable (yes, even the heels). I always shave my legs, because who wants to see hair matted under pantyhose, right? I look forward to spending more time talking to you fine folks and sharing my experiences with you.
Does wearing pants make you a lesbian?
You like mushrooms. I like pantyhose. What makes your taste OK, but mine not?
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi all.

Post by ChrisM »

Hear Hear Neil!

Welcome aboard - it will be a pleasure to have your opinions represented here. I am edging closer to your look, although at present I find that social consciousness (fear? :) ) keeps me away from quite so 'extreme' a look. But it is the look I would like to sport, so I appreciate hearing of your activities. (I speak here of the heels and hose - I'm ok up through the skirt, but somehow 'heels and hose' is 'over the top' for me, in an as-yet undefined way.)

Anyway: Welcome aboard.

Where are you located? Social acceptance of skirts on men does seem to vary widely with city/state/country. It would be great to hear where you live.

Would also be interested to hear how you heard about the cafe.

Thanks!

Chris
Neil

Post by Neil »

Chris,

I currently live in Arizona. I have had no trouble at all here; in fact, it's been a most enjoyable experience, except for the fact that I still don't dare wearing skirts to work. I lived in Indiana for a long time as well, and it was just as much fun there. I had no trouble in Indiana, either. I've found that I have less and less trouble the more confident I am about my own appearance. When I am confident, I look comfortable with myself, and I don't give a damn what others may think about it, and that has had the universal effect of earning me, if not acceptance in all quarters, than at least peace.

I first found this site when it was Tom's Cafe well over ten years ago. I posted a couple of times while it was still open posting, but then I lost touch with it for many years. I know that Tom passed on some time ago. I just recently decided to take another look. I'm happy to be here, and thanks.
Does wearing pants make you a lesbian?
You like mushrooms. I like pantyhose. What makes your taste OK, but mine not?
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Neil,

Hello and :welcome:
I hope you noticed that not much has changed since the
Cafe' has new owners. I do, vaguely, remember having
some great discussions with you. (10 years-Geese-I've slept since then.)

Have a cup, have a sit-down and enjoy yourself for a while :!:

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome, Neil. I like mushrooms and pantyhose. Best of both worlds, IMHO.

sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia