Searching for an old computer book...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Searching for an old computer book...

Post by WSmac »

I'm trying to find a book I had in 1989/1990.
It was a soft-cover book, text book size.

The subject was basically home computing.
The author was hilarious in some of the things he wrote.
He gave basic explanations on every OS going at the time, but the book dealt mostly with DOS.

He gave lots of examples of how to write in DOS and make your computer work better or just to have fun with it outside Bill Gates' OS.

My copy had a brown cover.
The author described himself as a loner who lived in an apartment in Boston(?) surrounded by computers.

I believe the book went through several printings.

If you think you may know the title or author of what I described please let me know.
Hopefully someone will mention something that rings a bell.

thanks
WSmac
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Amazon

Post by Since1982 »

Try Amazon.com and type "computer books" into the search line. You might be quite surprised in the responses you get. Good Luck!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
DanR

Post by DanR »

I've actually found that Chapters in Canada is really great about finding out-of-print and obscure titles. They're at http://www.chapters.ca.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

Bill probably owns all of the copies...:shifty:

binx