Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair, Hairrrrrr

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
TheBattler

Post by TheBattler »

I have a permed horseshoe hair cut. I had my hair perm last monday and enjoyed the day. I was wear my long denim skirt at the time. I am enjoying playing with my hair at this time. Pitty I do not have more hair on top.

Alan
Crose

It stopped by itself!

Post by Crose »

I have the family-genes dictated horse shoe haircut, but I haven't cut my hair in 10 years. It "stopped" (actually reached equilibrium) at about 12 to 14 inches in the back. I wear a ponytail most days and always tie it with a big, color coordinated scrunchie.

I've always enjoyed playing with my hair. I know how to do a chignon that is so easy, but looks quite intricate. It draws some unforgettable looks at the local Home Depot!
kiltlovinglass

just incase...

Post by kiltlovinglass »

So much hair floating around this thread...
If there's any thought of cutting it, you guys sound like you have a good enough length, please look in to the "Locks of Love" program which takes donated hair and turns it into wigs for people, mostly children I believe, who have suffered from an illness or treatment (like chemo) that causes them to lose all their hair. Afterall, you're not going to use it(presumeably), so why not?
Down with Pants! Up with Kilts!
ajcoles

I've had long hair for years

Post by ajcoles »

Until last Spring I hadn't cut my hair in 7 years. It stopped at about my lower back & just didn't grow any more. I have heard that everyone is actually like that just some have that length longer than others.

I started growing mine from a longish guy cut but it took about 2 years of tweaking (cutting here & there but not all over) before I got it all even As I say it was 7 years from that point.

For me last Spring it was time that I wanted to have a cut that was a little less "messy" so I went in & had the split ends cut & just a little layering around the face. I was in great trepidation & only decided on a stylist after getting 2 glowing recommendations from good friends about zim. I wrote up a note to him that let him know that I didn't want any more than necessary cut off & to stay away from the dreadlock that I got when I got some caught in a Dremel.

Well throughout the time since I decided that I was tired of the dreadlock so cut that off & gave it to my son. I also decided that I wanted a more layered look so just before New Year's Eve I went back in with pictures of Stevie Nicks & told the stylist that I wanted to have that look. I had dyed it blond the night before. She did a pretty good job so I now have a style that looks quite a bit like Stevie in the late 70's.

OK so in the long run I am doing things that you guys may not to do. I did start this tonsorial journey years before I realized that I was transgendered though. I just have had my hair evolve with me as I go.
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Why is is so lonely in between a boy & a girl? They are all glued down in this world & what it means.[/FONT]
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Since1982 wrote:I'm looking forward to when my hair is long enough for her to do that and for her to do my "100 brush strokes" a day for me. She has recently grown hers out to mid back and I brush her hair for her. She just wants to return the favor.
Skip, you can always let your lady give you scalp massages instead, and you don't even have to wait. :cloudnine: Besides, 100 strokes a day was used to move oils into the lower hair anyway, these days shampoo does the trick. The brushing can be done for fun but too much is rough on your hair.

Quiet Mouse
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Thank you QM

Post by Since1982 »

Thank you my dear...OOOPS Don't let Quiet Man think I am moving in on him..it's just a figure of speech. When I was young and in school I was always sooooooooooooooooooo jealous of all the guys in my classes who had high foreheads and never had to worry about their hair falling over their faces when we all had Elvis Do's, then came the 60's and I was still jealous of all the guys with long Beatles hair, middle parts and their hair never ever fell in their faces either. Mine, with my low neanderthal forehead always had my hair flopping over my face, until I either slapped on a handful of Vaseline or cut it..

For the next 35 years until my mom died, I kept my hair long but with bangs across the front...I HATED bangs..They gave me a headache. I can't wear hats for the same reason, headaches. NOW, I'm letting it grow back out in the front and everywhere else. I have had headaches, but I'm sticking it out until it's long enough for braids or ponytail. A ponytail is fine with bangs too but I still had the headaches, with long hair in the front I think I'll FINALLY get over the headache problem. Anyway, I just wanted QM to know how much I value her opinion. TY :dance: :rotfl: :whiteflag

PS By the way, all those guys I was jealous of with their high foreheads, I am no longer jealous of...since their foreheads kept getting higher and are now a straight line between their ears in the back. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Since1982 wrote:PS By the way, all those guys I was jealous of with their high foreheads, I am no longer jealous of...since their foreheads kept getting higher and are now a straight line between their ears in the back. :)
You know you are safe from me Skip, bald guys get the girl too. ;)

Quiet Mouse
Ingy

Post by Ingy »

Hi Folks!

I've been growing my hair for about 8 years now!..... Not had it cut, except for the odd snip where it joins my beard!

My problem is it grows really slow! :( So it's still just below shoulder length!

I like to let it down once in a while, and have been told it looks really cool with the beard (also long, as you can tel from my pic)..... However, it's usually tied back into a Pony much of the time, as it would get in the way for work! :naughty:
Keep 'em Swinging! :dance:

Ingy
paul/susie
Location: florida at the moment but about to move towards trinidad

Post by paul/susie »

i have sholder length hair which i normaly have up in a high pony tail most of the time but now and then i like to have it in pig tails or in a french braid, its not oftern but on ocasions i have it loose but from the back i get mistaken for a girl as its curly and looks like i have had it permed.

i like to wear nice scrunchies or ribbons weather wearing pants or skirts.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Been six months since my last haircut as my barber retired and there is no longer one locally. Hair was getting untidy so I took the opportunity to get it cut while I was in Glasgow on Tuesday. After getting a neat short back and sides with centre parting, my bushy long sidebreezers looked odd with the tidy hair so I let him tidy them up by shortening them to stop at the bottom of my ears and thinning them. I'm not sure I like this new look. I think some facial hair suits me better, especially when I'm kilted. Never mind it will soon grow again.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

I think I look better (especially in the kilt) with some kind of facial hair. I've tried all kinds of styles; right now I have a "soul patch".

Before last summer, my beard was too thin to do much with. It's filled-in a lot over the past 12 months.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

I've got a shaved head but a really shaggy goatee
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

The Ongoing saga

Post by Since1982 »

Of my Hairrrrrrrr.... It's now well past my shoulders in the back, laying all over my shoulders on the sides and the longest part in the front is well past my chin and barely touching my neck....Still mostly blond...white and blond mixture at my low temples and sideburns. All white in the area a beard could grow if I let it. My untrimmed for 40 years mustache is still blond. Some new skirted and hairy pictures coming soon. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair, Hairrrrrr

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well I just had to reopen this thread...
Since the virus closed most near all salons and barber shops, have you let your hair grow longer or have you had your other half cut it for you??
Up until they closed the shops I kept my head very close cropped. (about 1/8th of and inch long). Now it is down my neck and still growing. But as time has gone by it has gotten thinner and more wispy. When I was younger (seems like about 200 years ago) I had long thick hair that ran down about half way that I kept permed and wavy. Now I am thinking I will let it grow to about shoulder length to see what it will look like.
So what are you doing with your hair?????
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair, Hairrrrrr

Post by Kirbstone »

A few weeks go I visited my little Polish barber-lady after several months lockdown. (Must have been devastating for her, but I believe they all got some Govt. financial help)

I demanded a full Mohican, i.e. shaved both sides up to a central 2" long standing brush from forehead to nape of neck. She just laughed and trimmed round the sides and neck. I have practically nothing left on top. :blue:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !