men swimwear's trends

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
AntoineParis

men swimwear's trends

Post by AntoineParis »

Hi guys,
Here is an article about summer 2024 men swimwear's trends (in french, but it can be translated) especially colors and prints.

https://hommeurbain.com/les-plus-beaux- ... -ete-2024/

What do you think ?
Personally I like speedos with uniform inspired colors.

Have a nice day ^^ :D
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: men swimwear's trends

Post by denimini »

Contrebandiers de perruches are not new. I am disappointed that they did not go for swim skirts, where a man could have more success in smuggling a budgie, let alone greater aesthetic discretion.

https://www.yesstyle.com/en/oceanid-set ... 1105181508
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

What do I think? I think swimwear is silly! Why wear something to swim in?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

On a recent 'boys trip' sailing holiday through the Greek Ionian islands we had many opportunities to go skinny-dipping off the boat in deserted tiny sheltered sandy bays. My three companions all did this as the clear blue water was consistently 21+ Deg. C/70+ F. I personally dislike skinny-dipping and wore conventional drawstring swimshorts, not speedos. At my age I'm immune to 'trends' and my carapace no longer conforms to the 'Adonis' ideal, as it did in my 20s.
The additional 60 years show, alas.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

AntoineParis wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:14 am Hi guys,
Here is an article about summer 2024 men swimwear's trends (in french, but it can be translated) especially colors and prints.

https://hommeurbain.com/les-plus-beaux- ... -ete-2024/

What do you think ?
Personally I like speedos with uniform inspired colors.

Have a nice day ^^ :D
So funny, so basically the article says you can wear any style or colour 🤔 it even tells you how to wear your swimwear. I have managed for the last 50 years to choose my colour and style of swimwear without any problems, I even know how to put them in. I even manage to get my legs in the correct holes without any style magazine 🤣🤣🤣🤣
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

Bring back the men's one piece, those don't down ride down, or slide off like in Mr. Bean.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I don't have(never did) the body of a Greek Adonis :lol:

Now, for REGULAR people, how about the 50's swim trunks :?:
They ACTUALLY hit the waist, at the navel(belly-button).

They help to :hide: any 'blubber' associated with 'REGULAR' people.

I do agree with Jim though . . . . the best swimwear is what nature gave us.
The epitome of FREEDOM :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Al

I like these.

I wear squared off Speedos - heading in the direction of the look you shared, Al.

I refuse to wear shorts while swimming. They slow me down. I also refuse to wear Speedos in built up areas. Each garment has a function.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

OK, I am not a great lover of standard male swim ware, and as some of you may know, in addition to skirts I also love lycra clothes that females get to wear.

I came across the concept of dive skins from a US company Slipins https://slipins.com/collections/womens-diveskins These all have very fun prints and are for both male and female. So when they had a sale I bought one in a fetching purple scale print. I wore it when my whole family went to Centre Parc holiday home, we go each year around the end of January when the cost is cheapest in the year. I had a great time swimming in my new skin and went swimming 4 times when the previous year I hadn't gone swimming at all. Some people looked at me, most ignored me, nothing was said and everything was normal.

I guess with skirting so much, I find myself quite happy to stand out in other clothing ways and again if you go in with confidence, many things are possible.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Seb
Distinguished Member

Post by Seb »

I use regular swimming trunks, but in an ideal world I would prefer some kind of short sleeve swim dress, mostly for sun protection but also modesty. The trunks do draw less attention though, in sure of it.

Skinny dipping is nice too, especially in combination with a sauna, but not appropriate everywhere or time.
Not alone with a dream, Just a want to be free, With a need to belong,
I am a skirtsman
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Freedom
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Mouse wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:34 pm OK, I am not a great lover of standard male swim ware, and as some of you may know, in addition to skirts I also love lycra clothes that females get to wear.

I came across the concept of dive skins from a US company Slipins https://slipins.com/collections/womens-diveskins These all have very fun prints and are for both male and female. So when they had a sale I bought one in a fetching purple scale print. I wore it when my whole family went to Centre Parc holiday home, we go each year around the end of January when the cost is cheapest in the year. I had a great time swimming in my new skin and went swimming 4 times when the previous year I hadn't gone swimming at all. Some people looked at me, most ignored me, nothing was said and everything was normal.

I guess with skirting so much, I find myself quite happy to stand out in other clothing ways and again if you go in with confidence, many things are possible.
I've worn dive skins when diving for decades, upgrading to wet suits when the water gets too cool for a dive skin. I often wear a 2 piece swimsuit the rest of the time which is bike shorts and a Rash guard.
I can buy the two pieces for like $40 online, $60 local clothing shop or $100 at the local dive shop for what is basically the same swimsuit just different brands. In almost all cases I will have to order my suit as the local stores dont carry big sizes.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Last time I went for a dip was a few years ago at the coast when I wore a mini skirt with underwear and a T-shirt to keep the sun off. Now I have bought a sports mini skirt/skort of a material that will dry easily but I prefer to mess about in boats, which keep you out of the water.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Mouse wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:34 pm OK, I am not a great lover of standard male swim ware, and as some of you may know, in addition to skirts I also love lycra clothes that females get to wear.

I came across the concept of dive skins from a US company Slipins https://slipins.com/collections/womens-diveskins These all have very fun prints and are for both male and female.

They look great, I wouldn't mind having one! I like the sensation of close-fitting clothes, and I too have a few leotards. The trouble with them is that they are cut for women. They are often too short, but high-necked ones are also too high at the front because they have extra length to allow for breasts. But the bigger problem is finding one with enough room at the crotch. All that lycra squashing your bits into too small a space can be most uncomfortable, it can even be worse than trousers! So, how do you find those dive skins? I see neither a squashed gentleman nor a baggy-crotched woman on their website. Do you reckon they are a good fit?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

skirtyscot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:24 pm They look great, I wouldn't mind having one! I like the sensation of close-fitting clothes, and I too have a few leotards. The trouble with them is that they are cut for women. They are often too short, but high-necked ones are also too high at the front because they have extra length to allow for breasts. But the bigger problem is finding one with enough room at the crotch. All that lycra squashing your bits into too small a space can be most uncomfortable, it can even be worse than trousers! So, how do you find those dive skins? I see neither a squashed gentleman nor a baggy-crotched woman on their website. Do you reckon they are a good fit?
I am very happy with mine, I know the problem with buying bodies and leotards made for women in the lower parts. Buying unitards and catsuits is normally not as bad. These are made for both male and female and the material seems to be of a good quality and stretches well.
I bought the XL size and I am 5'10", 12.5 Stone.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I am 5' 10" and 11.5 stone, so that size information is very helpful. Thanks!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair