I finally wore a skirt in public

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Uncle Al

Re: I finally wore a skirt in public

Post by Uncle Al »

Coder wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:24 amIt seems someone corrected my intentional bad quote, thus robbing it of the humor it provided.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry about that - I didn't 'catch' the humor at the time :roll:

I tried to change it back but couldn't remember what you had - :|

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
DrFishnets

Post by DrFishnets »

So basically if quoting you have to edit in what you are quoting about so it’s easier to read and doesn’t look cluttered?

Anyway back on topic my partner is taking me shopping to buy a pinafore dress as she knows women’s dress sizes. She told me that she is proud of me and that I look great.

I like this style

I think that would look great with black leggings or tights and Dr Marten boots. I have the same French beret that the model is wearing.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:33 am I tried to change it back but couldn't remember what you had - :|
I think you got it.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

DrFishnets wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 pm I think another reason I wore a skirt was by reading the posts on this forum which were reassuring and at 51 I’m starting to not give a **** what people think anyway.
Amen! Life is too short to let other people's opinions dictate how you live your life.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Meanwhile back on the subject….
DrFishnets, you are making great progress and it is great to hear of a partner so positive with your skirting. I hope you find what you are looking for on your shopping trip. It is important to find your own style as a skirted man. Try a number of things out until you are happy with your look. I think the test is, do you like having your picture taken? When you do, you have found the real you.
Remember, keep on skirting with what you have. The more you do the more confidence you will get, which will give you more daring in the skirts and other things you choose in the shopping.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
DrFishnets

Post by DrFishnets »

Thanks FLBreezy and Mouse for getting my thread back on topic. :)

It’s the second time I’ve created a topic and its went off topic :(

Anyway,I’ve come up with ideas of what skirts and dresses I’d like to wear. I’ve always and a soft spot for pleated gymslips and pinafore dresses and would like to combine it with black and white horizontal striped top and black leggings and Dr Martens with a French style beret for head ware.

@Mouse you mentioned that the test is, do I like having my picture taken. The problem is I detest getting my photo taken and have a problem when family or friends take my photo or if I’m out and strangers take photos and I’m in them.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

DrFishnets wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:13 pm @Mouse you mentioned that the test is, do I like having my picture taken. The problem is I detest getting my photo taken and have a problem when family or friends take my photo or if I’m out and strangers take photos and I’m in them.
I have a hunch that when you have got your self into clothes that you really like and feel really good in. You will think a selfy is may be not such a bad thing when you can then put it up on your picture page for us all to see…….🤠🤠🤠
DrFishnets

Post by DrFishnets »

I’ll see what I can do but ideally I’d prefer it if I lost a bit weight first before posting a selfie on my pictures page. :)
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

DrFishnets wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 pm I’ll see what I can do but ideally I’d prefer it if I lost a bit weight first before posting a selfie on my pictures page. :)
No worries, take your time, no pressure. I myself have more of a tummy than I would like. The important thing is to keep going out and gaining confidence.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

DrFishnets wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:37 am Anyway back on topic my partner is taking me shopping to buy a pinafore dress as she knows women’s dress sizes. She told me that she is proud of me and that I look great.
I think that's a great look. Though pinafores don't seem to be super popular around here right now.

A tip if you're want to try out lots of styles quickly; find a large second hand clothing store and just browse the racks. They won't have just the latest fashion but all sorts of stuff. And it won't break the bank for near misses.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

DrFishnets wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 pmI’ll see what I can do but ideally I’d prefer it if I lost a bit weight first before posting a selfie on my pictures page. :)
No worries at all on that count. If you're not comfortable, you're not comfortable. We get it.

I do like the fact that you have support and guidance in navigating the black art of women's sizing!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Mouse wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm
DrFishnets wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 pm I’ll see what I can do but ideally I’d prefer it if I lost a bit weight first before posting a selfie on my pictures page. :)
The important thing is to keep going out and gaining confidence.
Also, photoshop is an important thing not to forget :P
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Going out in public for the first time is no doubt the biggest and scariest step you will make. Having done this it just keeps getting easier until you just don't worry or care at all.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Well done DrF for going out in public. It's good for the skirt wears mental health, that is getting out and about and not bottling it up indoors.
Have fun.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

Barleymower wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:52 am Well done DrF for going out in public. It's good for the skirt wears mental health, that is getting out and about and not bottling it up indoors.
Have fun.
I’ll second that. You will be self conscious at first but that passes quickly.