giant skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: giant skirts

Post by Mouse »

moonshadow wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 am Anyway... been there, done that... got the random pin on pinterest (not my account)...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/431712314276691446/
Love the skirt Moonshadow, do you still have it? do you wear it often? background?
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

I love the idea, I hope to post a pic soon of one of my fuller skirts in black satin with gold metallic polka dots
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Mouse wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:16 am
moonshadow wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 am Anyway... been there, done that... got the random pin on pinterest (not my account)...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/431712314276691446/
Love the skirt Moonshadow, do you still have it? do you wear it often? background?
I've got everything but the top and sunglasses. In fact, I have the tie-dye skirt here in Washington with me. My hoop however is still in Virginia.... but I do still have it and will likely be picking it up when we fly out in June to pack more stuff up for shipment.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

So our square dance club was having a sale to get rid of their stuff that they don't have space for. $1 per item. If I ever wear this around I'll probably do some modifying, it feels a little short. but now at least I have examples of how petticoats are constructed for future reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I love the colour. It's not that short, it is on your knees, that is if you stop spinning around....🤠
alexsunshine

Post by alexsunshine »

Hey there!

You're right, wearing hoops, crinolines, and petticoats outside the house can be quite a challenge! Most people probably only wear them for weddings or special events. Comic/anime conventions are definitely a good place to try them out, or even for a fun Halloween costume.

Speaking of unique fashion choices, have you ever thought about wearing a latex skirt? It's a totally different style, but it can also be a cool and bold way to stand out. Maybe not the best for driving, but perfect for a party or a convention !

Cheers :wink:
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

alexsunshine wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:16 pm Speaking of unique fashion choices, have you ever thought about wearing a latex skirt? It's a totally different style, but it can also be a cool and bold way to stand out. Maybe not the best for driving, but perfect for a party or a convention !
Hi Alexsunshine, I have made a couple of latex skirts and have worn one with a petticoat out in public. The last venture out was to a party where the dress code was “Latex” the picture is me on the way to the event. I was planning to have a petticoat, but was not sure how much non latex was allowed in the outfit. In the picture I am also wearing a fleece to keep warm on the way. In latex you are too warm or too cold always, but that is part of the fun.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

alexsunshine wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:16 pm Hey there!
Hi Alexsunshine. It is good that you have stopped by and great that you have posted! We are a mixed bunch of skirt wearing men with a few brilliant supportive partners on the site as well.
If you post a couple more times, you will become a full member and be able to see all of the site where there are more pictures of members. There is also an introduction area where you can introduce yourself to the members when you feel ready.