How I tried to copy a look....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

How I tried to copy a look....

Post by Mouse »

So Ellie in Space is a YouTube channel that covers Space X rocket launches and associated tech. It is fronted by Miss Ellie Sheriff, who is an ex TV news reporter. This picture is grabbed from one of her videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rS4KaqTHho where famously she was live streaming and missed seeing the rocket launch.
You will no doubt notice that Ellie is wearing a rather nice leather? Skirt. If you watch the video, the skirt has a nice swing and weight to it as she moves. So the question in my brain was, can I get a skirt like Ellie? Yes I would like a real leather skirt, but times are hard, so a faux leather skirt from Amazon? https://amzn.eu/d/hF4Zqrx Picture looks OK, not as sharp as Ellie's skirt but we are talking cheap.
So the skirt turns up...
I think in time I will make a better version, but a fun experiment.

For me the most positive thing is that I am free to see a skirt someone else is wearing, and then go hunting for one similar for me. I am no longer that guy who can only admire what others get to wear. Taken 60 years for me to get to this position, but here we are.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
steamman
Distinguished Member

Re: How I tried to copy a look....

Post by steamman »

I love your boots!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am
Ellie Sheriff is a fittie.
Last edited by Barleymower on Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

steamman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:29 pm I love your boots!
Many Thanks, They are part of my chunky sets of boots.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm Ellie Sheriff is a fittie.
Yes, I guess it is a not a good idea to put a great picture up as the aim of the look. Gives one's ugly mug shot much further to fail by.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm
Barleymower wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm Ellie Sheriff is a fittie.
Yes, I guess it is a not a good idea to put a great picture up as the aim of the look. Gives one's ugly mug shot much further to fail by.
Not at all it's a great picture. Hilarious with her chatting away and spacex lifting off. Beautiful girl, sexy skirt.

I try not to think what the mirror tells me.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm Hilarious with her chatting away and spacex lifting off. Beautiful girl, sexy skirt.
Her channel is one of a number I follow charting the progress of Space X. With her background in News reporting she often gets the interviews with the people behind and around the story. Missing the launch was so funny, however Space X are sending so many Falcon 9s up, missing one is not such a big deal.
Barleymower wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm I try not to think what the mirror tells me.
I have to say, since I started wearing skirts, I think I look much better in pictures than I used to, when in trousers. Also I am having quite a bit of fun, trying to take a picture of myself everyday for my "Pic & Looks" posts, finding new interesting backgrounds each day.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Mouse,
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Humans emulate each other all the time, no reason for it not to work across genders too.
That is how fashions come and fashions go.
I like the boots too, very glam rock and way beyond me nowadays.
Oddly, a lady at work and I have the same Adidas dress. However, she's a security guard and is uniformed so we will never be likely to clash.
Never even seen a photo, but I am sure that she fills hers so much better than I ever will mine.
Steve.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Excellent look Mouse!! I love the skirt and the boots. You really should get the purse. It is perfect with the outfit.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

jamie001 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 pm Excellent look Mouse!! I love the skirt and the boots. You really should get the purse. It is perfect with the outfit.
I did have my black purse/handbag/messenger bag with me in my trolly out of shot. I am really into my bags now and only use pockets in my skirts for work. Not sure my black bag is up to your standards, but for me it is just the right size and extremely useful.