skirts for men

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
stephanie53

skirts for men

Post by stephanie53 »

while searching for something, I came across this. looks promising, and the price isn't bad either
https://www.skirtcraft.com/
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: skirts for men

Post by Mouse »

stephanie53 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:41 pm while searching for something, I came across this. looks promising, and the price isn't bad either
I actually backed the Aqueous skirt on kickstarter and I have two of them. Good quality skirts with good pockets, made for all genders. Useful when being accused of wearing women's clothes.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

No problem with them except one, I just cannot see why there is a fixation on "skirts" being made exclusively for men.
I'll accept that there is a case for some flexibility in design with an end user in mind and even bespoke garments, but there is such a breadth of choice to be had by crossing the aisle, why curtail yourself?
Other thing is that, most manskirts are made in the practical, utilitarian and mundane mode.
Clothes should be light hearted and fun, not deadly dull and boring.
Steve.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:51 pm No problem with them except one, I just cannot see why there is a fixation on "skirts" being made exclusively for men.
The original was called, ISTR, the Unaligned Skirt -- and although it was designed to interest men, it wasn't aimed exclusively at them.

I have one of each of their three models.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:51 pm No problem with them except one, I just cannot see why there is a fixation on "skirts" being made exclusively for men.
I'll accept that there is a case for some flexibility in design with an end user in mind and even bespoke garments, but there is such a breadth of choice to be had by crossing the aisle, why curtail yourself?
Other thing is that, most manskirts are made in the practical, utilitarian and mundane mode.
Clothes should be light hearted and fun, not deadly dull and boring.
Steve.
Sometimes I may seem to be fixated on that idea - but it’s mainly to mainstream the idea/practice of skirts for men - and give myself (and others here) greater latitude on what is acceptable or “allowed”. Granted… I’ve proven to myself that I have the latitude even if I don’t feel like I do.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Mouse wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:53 pm
stephanie53 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:41 pm while searching for something, I came across this. looks promising, and the price isn't bad either
I actually backed the Aqueous skirt on kickstarter and I have two of them. Good quality skirts with good pockets, made for all genders.
Macabi is also marketed towards both men and women. Good quality skirts! :D
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Guys,
I don't question the quality of the skirts or the intentions of the retailer in these cases.
My problem is with the concept that the only appropriate skirt for a guy is one which says so on the label.
Naturally, there is no direct corollary in womenswear, females adopted a whole different approach.
The simply created open season on menswear and in many ways, took it from us.
Men in the meantime, barely raised a murmur and here we are today.
No angst at all when the female of the species proudly declares that the bulk of her wardrobe is garnered from the gents outfitters or that she regularly purloins brother's, boyfriend's, husband's, or even, Dad's "stuff".
Hell, some of it is even marketed thus.
Only when men learn that this open field approach is theirs for the taking too, are we likely to gain our own fashion freedom.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 am
Naturally, there is no direct corollary in womenswear, females adopted a whole different approach.
The simply created open season on menswear and in many ways, took it from us.
Men in the meantime, barely raised a murmur and here we are today.
No angst at all when the female of the species proudly declares that the bulk of her wardrobe is garnered from the gents outfitters or that she regularly purloins brother's, boyfriend's, husband's, or even, Dad's "stuff".
Steve I agree and at the same time vehemently disagree. Yes women have taken the lot and laughed while doing it but I don't blame them.

There is something deeply wrong in this world and it is not our women folk. Listening to Grayson Perry he said lots of interesting things. One was this: "80% of all suicides in the NE of England is male". That is a terrible statistic. We could say women are to blame and maybe they are but what I'm really concerned with is the reporting of it. The crisis among men as a result of feminism goes unreported, instead the drum beats relentlessly about the blight of women. Women are not doing this, the media is doing it. Maybe the feminists are running the media now? I don't think so. It's the same with the wars going on, the plight of the Palestinians went unreported and has done for years. It seems to me we told what media organisations want us to know and no more. Dig any deeper and immediately you are a conspiracy theorist.

What have women really achieved with feminism? They are no longer homemakers, they are now tax payers and the family has suffered.

MIS are caught in the middle.of all what's going around feminism, wars, gender critical debate, cost of living crisis. We are a insignificant speck. We have that on our side and we can largely go about our business unhindered. We have that to be thankful for.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Stevie is correct but what he didn’t state was that women just walk across the aisle and shop in the men’s department for themselves. The important thing to understand here is that they gave themselves this freedom and didn’t care what anyone thought when they wore men’s clothing. Women are very powerful and do not suffer from fragile egos that result from [rad-fem hate-speech redacted] that has been passed down through the generations from father to son and reinforced by women! Men created their own “Man-Box” to live it and the associated “Man-Code” stating that men cannot deviate and wander outside of the Man-Box or there will be consequences. They even got women to help them enforce the consequences.

Until we loose the Hollywood concept of the super-macho male that is dripping in [rad-fem hate-speech redacted], the majority of men will be trapped in the Man-Box with no hope of ever finding a key to get out. We have all seen actresses wearing the tuxedo’s while hosting the Oscars or other major award shows and no one bats an eye or even comments other than saying that it is cute. On the other hand when Billy Porter comes out to present an award while wearing a dress, all of the WTF’s start. “That man is sick is heard behind televisions throughout America along with other slurs that are not appropriate to mention here.

Let me site another case of discrimination. At the last state of the union address, Kamela Harris was sitting next to speaker of the house Mike Johnson. They were wearing the exact same clothing except Mike Johnson is forced to wear a necktie simply because he is male, while Kamala Harris is comfortable with an open neck dress shirt! This type of discrimination needs to stop. The Man-Box is even enforced in Congress and the Senate. Men don’t even have the balls to say no to the necktie like women did with the pantyhose requirements. This is the first step towards equality.

Men have created the Man-Box for themselves and they did such a good job that it is not possible for them to break out. It is made of 4 inch thick steel with no doors or windows. Unfortunately [rad-fem hate-speech redacted] and that has been passed down for generations will keep men there probably for the next 100 years.

On the other hand, there is hope for us here on the Cafe. All we need to do is the accept the fact that we are gender non-conforming and where the feminine clothing (skirts, dresses, high heels, pantyhose, etc) that we want to wear. When people ask, I simply respond that I am gender non-conforming and tell them to google the term for a good definition. That ends the conversation.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

jamie001, you make some valid points. I love the idea of Congress and the Senate dropping the necktie. The most powerful men in the country, can't decide among them to get rid of the tie.

I do however have a request to be patient with the wide set of members we have here on the cafe. Some of us are now happy to rock pretty skirts with handbags, heels and the rest, buying from any place we like, living a free styling life. However, only a few years ago I was making my first trips out in a utility kilt, waiting for the sky to fall in on me.

We are all at different points in our journey to our happy place, dealing with our own internal hang ups as well as navigating our close family and friends. Everybody here wants to be free to dress how they like. That includes a whole range of kilts, skirts & dresses. All are valid MIS happy places.

I am also free in showing myself to the world since I believe that being out in the world as a MIS is one good way to promote male choices. I am fascinated to see other members out in the world. A phone and a bluTooth camera release is simple to get shots of yourself in the world to give other members confidence that skirt wearing is totally possible. I totally understand members have different circumstances and pictures on the internet are not for all. But visibility of MIS is important IMHO
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Mouse,

Thank you for this most enlightening post! The moderators should pin it for all to see. The main point here that I sometimes fail to realize is your statement that we are all on a journey and we are all at different points on that journey. Your example regarding starting with kilts and branching out from there is a very good one. We all started somewhere and need to support each other. Many of us here are not very far along in accepting our feminine side of our personalities and completely deny the existence of a gender continuum stating that they are 100 percent masculine without an feminine thoughts or inclinations. I need to realize and accept that they are completely legitimate and that they will evolve at a slower rate much like what you related in your post. I need to remember that it is years of the Man-Box conditioning that they need to jettison and that it will require much time and effort for them to evolve.

Thank you again for a most insightful post.

Jamie
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

jamie001 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm Stevie is correct but what he didn’t state was that women just walk across the aisle and shop in the men’s department for themselves. The important thing to understand here is that they gave themselves this freedom
Jamie,
Historically, women did not simply cross the aisle regardless and without difficulty, they fought the norms and social pressures of the time bloody hard.
They earned the right to the freedom that they can now take for granted.
You make good points, but this "FEMME SUPREMITY" approach alienates a lot of guys and is counter productive.
Women are not all the same in themselves so why should we be?
I am very happy to consider myself GNC and freely acknowledge my feminine elements.
However, "she", is an equal partner in the weird thing I call me, not the supreme controller.
Just rein it in a bit and you will get a lot further, maybe some guys will follow, some won't.
That is their choice and that is the key.
Steve.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 am
jamie001 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm Stevie is correct but what he didn’t state was that women just walk across the aisle and shop in the men’s department for themselves. The important thing to understand here is that they gave themselves this freedom
Jamie,
Historically, women did not simply cross the aisle regardless and without difficulty, they fought the norms and social pressures of the time bloody hard.
They earned the right to the freedom that they can now take for granted.
You make good points, but this "FEMME SUPREMITY" approach alienates a lot of guys and is counter productive.
Women are not all the same in themselves so why should we be?
I am very happy to consider myself GNC and freely acknowledge my feminine elements.
However, "she", is an equal partner in the weird thing I call me, not the supreme controller.
Just rein it in a bit and you will get a lot further, maybe some guys will follow, some won't.
That is their choice and that is the key.
Steve.
Steve,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Jamie
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

jamie001 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm All we need to do is the accept the fact that we are gender non-conforming and where the feminine clothing (skirts, dresses, high heels, pantyhose, etc) that we want to wear. When people ask, I simply respond that I am gender non-conforming and tell them to google the term for a good definition. That ends the conversation.
Eh, I'm not gender non-conforming. I'm just wearing what ever the bleep I want, as a man. No need to push me over into some other category.