International Men Can Wear Dresses Day

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

Re: International Men Can Wear Dresses Day

Post by mr seamstress »

Coder wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:51 am You really would need a dedicated non profit or organization to sell such a message and do research on the negative impacts on boys/men growing up this society. Not to be cynical... but I'm just going to say I don't think anyone cares.

I put the idea of men wearing dresses or skirts for International Men Wear Dresses Day to a local professor who is a part of a diversity program. The idea is simple to used it as suicide prevention by having male students wearing a dress or skirt to represent how everyone is different and how society hates these males that are different. I also mention in having female students in wearing matching attire to match males students. He agree to put this on his agenda to get this approve.
Here in America these diversity programs are under attack and being written off as no longer necessary. By this I hope the professor, he will be able use it showing how important these diversity programs are. Hoping that this diversity programs will draw news coverage about MIS, suicide prevention and how important diversity program is.
The professor I talk to is also a counselor, who also tries to prevent suicide among its students.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Is it telling about societies attitude to men that high levels of male suicide is ignored?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

mr seamstress wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:23 pmHere in America these diversity programs are under attack and being written off as no longer necessary. By this I hope the professor, he will be able use it showing how important these diversity programs are. Hoping that this diversity programs will draw news coverage about MIS, suicide prevention and how important diversity program is.
The professor I talk to is also a counselor, who also tries to prevent suicide among its students.
Good for him, but the reason that "Diversity Programmes" are reviled in the USA is the simple fact that they completely and sometimes explicitly exclude Caucasian men from their agendas. There will not be true "Diversity", nor real peace, until everyone is welcome at the table.

Too, it's worth recalling that "hate" takes several forms, and the term itself is frequently used incorrectly. First and foremost is the hatred generated when someone is wronged; this is by far and away the strongest type and is entirely personal and is one of the ways that karma works the way it does. The sort of "hate" that "Diversity Programmes" try to "cure" is a general distaste for those who are not like us (us, of course, being massively variable); this is not pure hatred at all, but rather discomfort -- and can be cured by exposure. Then we get the sort of hatred that the psychotic and the violent get -- and that's not well understood at all, and desperately needs to be. I don't know if any serious research is being done on that front, but I'd like to see more "mass shooters" in front of the psychologists than simply being shot dead by the cops in the heat of the moment. Something's driving these, and we need to get to the bottom of it.

On karma. I've been criminally wronged several times in my life and career, but have each time considered things and opted for no direct action -- I have too much to lose. Sooner or later, the clowns involved will wrong somebody who doesn't have a lot to lose and get the cr@p kicked out them or worse. Sure, I track those who have wronged me, mainly so there's no interaction -- especially in employment -- and laugh like mad when they do "get what's coming to 'em". And I've seen in action quite a few times.

It's vastly more complex than "black and white" (and I'm not using that in a "racist" way).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

crfriend wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:02 pm
Good for him, but the reason that "Diversity Programmes" are reviled in the USA is the simple fact that they completely and sometimes explicitly exclude Caucasian men from their agendas. There will not be true "Diversity", nor real peace, until [/i]everyone[/i] is welcome at the table.

Too, it's worth recalling that "hate" takes several forms, and the term itself is frequently used incorrectly. First and foremost is the hatred generated when someone is wronged; this is by far and away the strongest type and is entirely personal and is one of the ways that karma works the way it does. The sort of "hate" that "Diversity Programmes" try to "cure" is a general distaste for those who are not like us (us, of course, being massively variable); this is not pure hatred at all, but rather discomfort -- and can be cured by exposure. Then we get the sort of hatred that the psychotic and the violent get -- and that's not well understood at all, and desperately needs to be. I don't know if any serious research is being done on that front, but I'd like to see more "mass shooters" in front of the psychologists than simply being shot dead by the cops in the heat of the moment. Something's driving these, and we need to get to the bottom of it.
He is a counselor to men with certain issues. This is his expertise. Not only he counsels students but also has a weekly Pride men group off campus he counsels.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

A popular vacation spot, Disney is allowing men to wear dresses.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/disney-bl ... ss-makeup/
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mr seamstress wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:32 am A popular vacation spot, Disney is allowing men to wear dresses.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/disney-bl ... ss-makeup/
That, permission will disappear like snow in the rain if the backlash hits the company profits.
Steve.