Dress, body and experiences of victimization

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

Dress, body and experiences of victimization

Post by mr seamstress »

Women have always complain how men look upon them as sexual objects. I believe men in skirts and dresses could end this this [rad-fem hate-speech redacted]. Question here today are women looking at us as sex objects because of what we wear or as none sex objects?
Since women refuse to accept men in dresses and skirts are they protecting the harm and teaching their sons in being a [rad-fem hate-speech redacted] male?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5344900/

So far these press doesn't cover fully how a man in a dress or skirt is better for society and ending the harm women feel and bringing equality what women being demanding.
mr seamstress

Re: Dress, body and experiences of victimization

Post by mr seamstress »

Do women see men who is wearing a dress or skirt is helping women who has been victimized? These news articles doesn't talk about women who has been victimize and how men wearing such clothing is out there for these women also beside fashion. Today women shows more hatred toward men in dress or skirt instead of accepting him. They refuse help from men in wearing a dress or skirt to keep them safe of being victimized. A man is using his masculinity trying to protect women from being victimized isn't getting any thanks, instead he's getting hate from women he is trying to protect while being fashionable.

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turki ... omen-78661

Who in here, cafe agree men wearing a skirt or dress offers a side effect about women who has been victimized toward their cause.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:56 pm Question here today are women looking at us as sex objects because of what we wear or as none sex objects?
I think that wearing a skirt, makes me far less threatening to the average woman, which I believe is one reason I get conversation on the London Tube from women.

The time I have been viewed as an object (not sure about the sex bit) has been when wearing a kilt in a bar, when all the women at a table wanted to know what, was under my kilt.....
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

When people smirks, make a fawn face and even the smile, I believe people are sexualizing us and our clothing. Through this sexualization I believe they are cataloging us being queer instead a straight male who likes to make his own fashion.

When I was wearing a kilt I have been ask if I can play the bag pipes. Some people accepted that Irish wore kilts then the others see only Scottish wore kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

mr seamstress wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:41 am When people smirks, make a fawn face and even the smile, I believe people are sexualizing us and our clothing. Through this sexualization I believe they are cataloging us being queer instead a straight male who likes to make his own fashion.
I'd hope not! To me smirks are repressing a laugh or showing disapproval - but there could be many reasons for a smirk. Could just be someone thinking we look silly and they are trying not to grin.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Coder wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:54 am
mr seamstress wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:41 am When people smirks, make a fawn face and even the smile, I believe people are sexualizing us and our clothing. Through this sexualization I believe they are cataloging us being queer instead a straight male who likes to make his own fashion.
I'd hope not! To me smirks are repressing a laugh or showing disapproval - but there could be many reasons for a smirk. Could just be someone thinking we look silly and they are trying not to grin.
I think you have to get over what other people are thinking, since we are all entitled to our own thoughts. I am sure that we all have thoughts about people we meet that you keep to yourself. If you see a woman with short hair in dungarees, you may put her into a certain box and be totally wrong about her. Similar to a man in a skirt with nails, heels, earrings etc. and be totally wrong about him. At the moment even the government doesn't know what you are thinking, so you have to go on what people do, let you do, and what they say. As I have said before, if people let you skirt in piece and treat you in a normal way, skirt on. The more we do, the more normal it is.

What we are learning in the modern world is to treat all people equally and with respect. Some countries are getting with the program, where as some haven't got started. I think the countries where women and LGBTQIA are treated best are the places where MIS are treated best.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

Mouse wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:41 am I think you have to get over what other people are thinking, since we are all entitled to our own thoughts. I am sure that we all have thoughts about people we meet that you keep to yourself. If you see a woman with short hair in dungarees, you may put her into a certain box and be totally wrong about her. Similar to a man in a skirt with nails, heels, earrings etc. and be totally wrong about him. At the moment even the government doesn't know what you are thinking, so you have to go on what people do, let you do, and what they say. As I have said before, if people let you skirt in piece and treat you in a normal way, skirt on. The more we do, the more normal it is.

What we are learning in the modern world is to treat all people equally and with respect. Some countries are getting with the program, where as some haven't got started. I think the countries where women and LGBTQIA are treated best are the places where MIS are treated best.
It isn't totally bothering me, but what I am trying put out there is how society is trying to control us mentally. This masculinity act needs to end. And these news articles needs to tell society they are being abusive with these facial expressions of disapproval. This happens a lot in the market sector with employees showing their disapproval. Just not the market but also on the street corner. This is about in getting people on board in accepting us and their abusive facial expressions needs to end.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Facial expression is not necessarily linked to what people are looking at. Two months ago a young woman that I did never see before (same for her) did smile to me, because I did remind her a kind man she used to know.
And even what people are looking at is not necessarily what it looks like they're looking at. I remember a moment, that happened roughly four years ago, where I was insistantly looking at the butt of a young woman: who would have guessed that I was wondering whether her trousers were made in cotton or linnen?

So, I would say, take it as it comes without interpreting too much. Interpretation is the open door to misunderstanding.