When you're asked why do you wear skirts?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Re: When you're asked why do you wear skirts?

Post by Uncle Al »

Wearing a skirt is like being at The Grand Hotel :D
Magnificent Ball Room :cyclops: :shock:
Wearing pants and not wearing a skirt is like being at the local Motel :D
No Ball Room at all :oops: :twisted:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

It fits.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

The first time someone asked why was in Rotterdam. I was wearing a Unaligned Skirt from Skirtcraft and I was visiting the local market when a woman asked me why I was wearing a skirt. I told her why not. I liked wearing skirts a couple of weeks by then.

I was still in the closet so to say, but not much later I spilled it out to my wife that I was a woman. Born in a male body I couldn't live any longer as a man. Last year on the July 5th I was in the hospital where I got my SRS. Finally after 45 years of knowing that there's something wrong with me, I felt finally myself.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Rokje, I am so pleased for you, I hope all things work out for you. At one point in my life I thought the only way to wear skirts in public was to change me. My problem is I would never have the guts to go through with the surgery as you have done. Well played.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Rokje wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:09 pm The first time someone asked why was in Rotterdam. I was wearing a Unaligned Skirt from Skirtcraft and I was visiting the local market when a woman asked me why I was wearing a skirt. I told her why not. I liked wearing skirts a couple of weeks by then.

I was still in the closet so to say, but not much later I spilled it out to my wife that I was a woman. Born in a male body I couldn't live any longer as a man. Last year on the July 5th I was in the hospital where I got my SRS. Finally after 45 years of knowing that there's something wrong with me, I felt finally myself.

Inside, outside, or both -- it is all about being authentic. You've been down the road long enough to know is it not easy in the Trans world these days, although you live on a better part of the Globe than many, I expect the road will still sway a bit at times!

My wife and I have been companions to some who have had FFS, and SRS -- it takes incredible resolution, and too often desperation, to undergo. You have my admiration and profound respect. It does make me reflect on a recent SC post about women supporters -- you and a few others here need to be included in the count! May your journey be all you seek.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:27 am
FLbreezy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:25 pm Rude answer: "ball room"
Well, I agree, nothing like a long twirly skirt when you're going dancing on the ball room floor...

... oh... you meant... ah... :lol: :P
Sounds like a tennis skirt
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 am
Rokje wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:09 pm The first time someone asked why was in Rotterdam. I was wearing a Unaligned Skirt from Skirtcraft and I was visiting the local market when a woman asked me why I was wearing a skirt. I told her why not. I liked wearing skirts a couple of weeks by then.

Inside, outside, or both -- it is all about being authentic. You've been down the road long enough to know is it not easy in the Trans world these days, although you live on a better part of the Globe than many, I expect the road will still sway a bit at times!

My wife and I have been companions to some who have had FFS, and SRS -- it takes incredible resolution, and too often desperation, to undergo. You have my admiration and profound respect. It does make me reflect on a recent SC post about women supporters -- you and a few others here need to be included in the count! May your journey be all you seek.
Tusen takk, dank u, thank you, muchas gracias, merci, danke. :D
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
yardstick

Post by yardstick »

Well I can't go around in just my underwear :D
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I.am on estrogen and have acquired a feminine appearance. The estrogen has calmed me down and eliminated the desire to drink to excess. But SRS? The thought makes me shudder. And I retain my masculine identity and voice. To each ones own. Rokje, you did what you had to do. But I think it is such a shame that allowed behavior, clothing, and grooming for men have become so restricted.

John
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

JohnH wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:29 am

I.am on estrogen and have acquired a feminine appearance. The estrogen has calmed me down and eliminated the desire to drink to excess. But SRS? The thought makes me shudder. And I retain my masculine identity and voice. To each ones own. Rokje, you did what you had to do. But I think it is such a shame that allowed behavior, clothing, and grooming for men have become so restricted.

John
I think it is amazing the diversity of members at the cafe here. We are all on a journey to our own individual happy place. I think the value of the cafe is to show other members the various options available to help us live a happy life. I would love the opportunity to have a long chat with both of you.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

yardstick wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:36 pm Well I can't go around in just my underwear :D
I could give a similar response--but I usually don't have underwear, so the answer is that I might be arrested if I didn't have it on.