MIni Dresses & Skirts for Men

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

MIni Dresses & Skirts for Men

Post by mr seamstress »

Two years ago I communicated with Redbubble about dresses for men. I enquire about what came back as unisex dresses. At that time dresses was design for women with unisex print. Today Redbubble listing dresses and skirts for men and women. They went from having design that was called unisex to actual dresses that are unisex.
https://www.redbubble.com/i/dress/Copy- ... 6958.V4WQ8

Walmart is also selling some dresses for men. To find them one have to used search term unisex dresses for men. How one search makes a difference. Have to used a certain search term. ?Using other search terms will result in empty results.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: MIni Dresses & Skirts for Men

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Mr S
I have one problem, where's the element of choice?
The variety of prints is huge, but 2 dresses and one skirt?
In any case, the dresses are just oversized tee shirts so could really be for anyone at all and come from anywhere too.
Sorry, this is hype, not fashion freedom for men.
Steve.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 am Hi Mr S
In any case, the dresses are just oversized tee shirts so could really be for anyone at all and come from anywhere too.
Steve.
Hi Steve
There is more than two dresses if you had search and there is more than one skirt. Please take time and search. The art work is from independent artist. If you are an independent artist you could submit your own work.
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/?query=u ... search_box
The above link shows what you have seen if you did a search as I have suggested.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

There are several of the Direct To Garment printing houses around.
You can order one off custom Dye Sublimation printed garments.
You mostly see them printing T-Shirts, but they can print to anything that will take ink
They just stock the blank clothing items and print them one at a time as ordered.
Pre Treat, Print, Dry, Package & Ship

The hook with this site is they sell artist that are members of their club and not just anyone that submits artwork. The big issue with open print places is people submitting things to be printed that have an obvious copy write on them.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

mr seamstress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:37 am
STEVIE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 am Hi Mr S
Steve.
Hi Steve
There is more than two dresses if you had search and there is more than one skirt. Please take time and search. The art work is from independent artist. If you are an independent artist you could submit your own work.
The above link shows what you have seen if you did a search as I have suggested.
You are both correct! There are two dresses, one sleeveless where you get the design on both front and back and one with short sleeves where the design is just on the front and the sleeves and back are black material. There is one mini skirt with the design on both the front and back.
It would be nice if they added a longer skirt to the mix of clothes offered, but given that you can already get the same design across a wide range of things, I am probably asking too much.

Some of the designs are amazing, but most of the ones I would consider are not marked as unisex. Not that the label bothers me at all. I pick what I like these days from all sides of the shop. I guess the fact that some of the dresses are marked as unisex moves the dial slightly?

Thanks mr seamstress for posting this for our browsing.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

phathack wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:54 am

The hook with this site is they sell artist that are members of their club and not just anyone that submits artwork. The big issue with open print places is people submitting things to be printed that have an obvious copy write on them.
In todays market there is someone complaining just about anywhere you shop they are selling something that is a knockoff. I'm just putting it out there so one can have a choice. I'm leaving it up to the individual if they want anything they sell.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

As far it goes about copying someone else design the market is saturated by different manufactures making their own version of someone else design. You have name brands sell their own versions of leopard and plaid clothing as examples.
As far as having exclusive clothing for man only isn't going to work. Man tried this by putting women in jail for wearing paints. In making masculine style clothing that is already being done and being market to women in skirts and dresses. We need the market to recognize we men should be listed as the same right to wear such attire.
Any skirt or dress being sold in having masculine style as part of description means the same as being sold as unisex clothing, regardless what it states for women only. This also goes in having unisex design as listed in description of article of clothing but being sold to gender woman. Article of clothing after article of clothing was original was made for man. Woman closet is full of clothes that was design for man first. We men are just claiming are right to be put back on label and our right to wear them. So any business that put us back on label needs to be celebrated in recognizing us men.
If we condemn any business for adding men on label as right to wear dresses and skirts isn't doing us any favors. Any condemning will only slow down progress in recognizing we men have the right to wear such garments. Any condemning will only discourage other business from adding men to label on dresses and skirts. Instead of telling business of shoving it, lets us raise our glasses and offer our toast.
Any skirt or dress I wear that has masculinely in description, I will tell others it was design for men to wear regardless it was market for women only.
By having a small retailer recognizing men in wearing dresses and skirts, it helps in the opening the doors to big retailers to do the same and getting the society in accepting man in dress or skirts. We need more small retailers in helping us in obtaining our goals. By Redbubble offerings of dresses and skirts for men, may help in their sales and make them more poplar, it also help us, men being accepted wearing such attire.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mr seamstress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:37 am Hi Steve
Hi Mr S,
This is from the Redbubble Site
rb1.jpg
rb3.jpg
rb2.jpg
STEVIE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 am The variety of prints is huge, but 2 dresses and one skirt?
I think that equals 2 dresses and one skirt, no?
What's more the print designs are categorised male, female and unisex in the dresses and the skirt.
As I said, that variety is astounding.
They are not promoting fashion freedom for men by doing this form of marketing, they are simply trying to maximise sales and minimise costs, ie make a profit.
While I wasn't actually trying to be critical, I am not naive enough to believe that the wider fashion markets will be influenced by this type of campaigning.
Please try to avoid misquoting as that will lead to misunderstanding and conflict.
Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Hi Mr S,
This is from the Redbubble Site
rb1.jpgrb3.jpgrb2.jpg
STEVIE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 am The variety of prints is huge, but 2 dresses and one skirt?
I think that equals 2 dresses and one skirt, no?
What's more the print designs are categorised male, female and unisex in the dresses and the skirt.
As I said, that variety is astounding.
They are not promoting fashion freedom for men by doing this form of marketing, they are simply trying to maximise sales and minimise costs, ie make a profit.
While I wasn't actually trying to be critical, I am not naive enough to believe that the wider fashion markets will be influenced by this type of campaigning.
Please try to avoid misquoting as that will lead to misunderstanding and conflict.
Steve.
Hi Steve
I'm sorry I misunderstood you, but it would be helpful you have wrote there is two styles of dresses and one style of skirt. For me two styles of dresses and two dresses are total two different meanings.
If you ran out of gas and looking for a ride in town with a gas can and had a chance of Amish man helping by giving you a ride in town back of horse would you take it or wait for a person driving motor vehicle? It might be a few days until you see a person driving a vehicle. You could turn down his offer and just walk into town.
While Redbubble might be helpful or not it's just a matter of opinion.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Taking a slightly different approach, the designs are great, but not quite what we want to wear. So they do light weight tapestry wall hangings which is just a sheet of material.....how cool would it be to make a circle skirt out of this.....https://www.redbubble.com/i/tapestry/Co ... 0597.ODB3H Just a crazy Mouse thought....
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

Has any check out Walmart for unisex dresses?

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=unisex+dresses

The above link shows dresses as being unsex. A lot of these dresses has gender male, beside it stating women clothing.
This link shows a dress being a unsex dress. https://www.walmart.com/ip/bvgfsahne-Su ... om=/search

How one do a search at Walmart for dresses for men matters. Different type of search gets different results. You can get baby clothes from searching even though didn't search for that particular clothing or just unsex T shirts.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Melylmelya-W ... 5227658422
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mr seamstress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:22 pm While Redbubble might be helpful or not it's just a matter of opinion.
OK Mr S.
On a matter of opinion, we can agree to differ.
I'd actually like to be proved wrong, but I doubt that I will live that long.
Oh, and I'd love a lift in an Amish buggy, cars bore me.
Steve.
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 am Oh, and I'd love a lift in an Amish buggy, cars bore me.
Steve.
Hi Steve
Sorry Steve, my hypothetical situation only allows a ride on back of horse. If you took that ride will result in needing to take a bath afterwards and probably onement for the rear end.

On this forum as we blog there are Bots collecting data. What data they collect is unknown to me. I hope they collect data that we are purchasing dresses and skirts as being sold to men. Some of these bots are from clothing industries. With our post we could be influencing these bots in what data they collect.
As far for Redbubble, weather if any of us buy anything will depend on our taste for clothing and our comfort zone. With that said I would like see this website like others be spread on different forums in promoting our cause. I'm banking on these Bots are collecting certain date that will help us. But that we may end up with the industries giving us what we want. We want dresses that we are just ordinary males and not part of LGBT. To many industries is only targeting LGBT males.
We want to be recognize we have the same right to wear dresses and skirts. We need to promote any website that recognize us having that right regardless if we purchase anything from them. More websites that recognize us that right and more we promote such websites helps us getting the public in accepting us. For those who disagree with me on this opinion should see there is no harm in going forward with this even you disagree.

For the Amazon Bot as an example that visit here regularly I like it report back to Amazon that Walmart does have a web page of third party sellers of dresses for men that isn't maid costumes like Amazon promote as unsex dresses. Weather it collects that type of data is unknown to me, but is worth a try to see if I can influence a Bot. If that type of data is collected it will tell Amazon they are losing sales to Walmart from men buying dresses design for male. I want the Amazon Bot collect that type of data if is program for such data collection. I want it to collect that same info from Redbubble also. If this happens then we can get Amazon fully recognize us men we want dresses to be market to us as serious customers as we are.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:21 am Has any check out Walmart for unisex dresses?

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=unisex+dresses

The above link shows dresses as being unsex. A lot of these dresses has gender male, beside it stating women clothing.
This link shows a dress being a unsex dress. https://www.walmart.com/ip/bvgfsahne-Su ... om=/search

How one do a search at Walmart for dresses for men matters. Different type of search gets different results. You can get baby clothes from searching even though didn't search for that particular clothing or just unsex T shirts.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Melylmelya-W ... 5227658422
Show me a man wearing one and I'll be impressed
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm:
If you take a T-shirt made for Big & Tall men, give it to a regular height male,
you've(potentially) given him a 'Mini-Dress'. Same for a Big & Tall men's Polo shirt.

This model is 6' 9" tall. Notice where the hem line is.

Put the same shirt on a 5' 10" tall person, you get a "Mini-Dress" or in Star Trek words, a Skant.

(Just wear color matching underwear ;) )

The 'Mini-Dress' for men has been here and gone away. :(
Personally, I would not wear a 'Mini-Dress' as I want more material covering my back-side
when I sit down or bend over. If I bend at my knees, I can't get back up :|

Sign me 'Old and Decrepit' ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)