Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Mouse »

prw230 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:53 am The only comment I got was one store owner in St. Augustine said she liked my skirt.
It is quite amazing that if you go about in a a confident manor and smile at people, how many will engage you in conversation. I have a theory that a MIS is not as threatening to a woman, than a normal trousered man, so you are more approachable. I have had more conversations on the London Tube since I have been wearing a skirt, most of them with women.

prw230, welcome to this site.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

prw230 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:53 am We went to see Manatees at a state park, strolled the gardens at BOK tower (an amazing place!)
Aha! You were in my neck of the woods. 8) I find that in any touristy area they're used to seeing all kinds of people and wearing something unusual is hardly worth noticing. Glad you had a good trip!
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I had a formal college dinner on Friday, so I wore the kilt. (Lindsay masquerading as muted Stewart of Atholl, in an 18th-century style with box pleats, semidress sporran, dark red hose, Prince Charlie jacket.) Our new College President, who is a very distinguished Scot, made an approving comment when she saw my get-up. No other kilts in evidence, sadly, though there were a number of women in trousers!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:13 pm Our new College President, who is a very distinguished Scot, made an approving comment when she saw my get-up.
No Black mark for you, then ;-)
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

geron wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:30 pm
Myopic Bookworm wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:13 pm Our new College President, who is a very distinguished Scot, made an approving comment when she saw my get-up.
No Black mark for you, then ;-)
;-)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I went shopping today wearing a different sort of mini skirt than my usual; a pleated micro/mini 11.5" at the front and 12" at the back. All went well and no reactions as per my usual trips. There was a bit of wind but nothing dramatic. Also a couple of funny situations; I had ordered a new pair of boots which I tried on but had trouble getting them off again whilst seated and the young lady offered to help so I stuck my foot in the air and she tugged on the boot. At another venue I was getting some bags of white cement and hydrated lime, both horrors for soiling dark clothing, and the guy serving would only push them half way down the ute tray so I had to crawl in and push them up to the back of the cab to keep the weight forward and make room for more shopping. The last bag I asked him to put on top of the others which he said he could not do so I just said that's OK I will do it which again meant crawling in and lifting the last bag.
I went to a couple of Op-shops and was browsing for clothes and the lady came up to me a said that women's clothes were on special for $5 a bag and I thanked her. Not many skirts but some good garments for night shirts and a neat shirt-dress with pockets.
Lastly I was loading groceries into the back ot the ute and car fridge, conscious of my short and flippy skirt when I head someone calling out to me; it was a lady friend in her car ........... hmmm, I wonder how she recognised me.
The skirt can be seen here
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

It was a warm afternoon, so I was gardening clothes-free, but then my wife and I needed to go into Walmart for some medicine. I just slipped on this item; I've thought of it as a long shirt, but decided it works as a dress. I asked my wife if I needed something else; she didn't think so. I wonder if I'll show up in one of those people of Walmart collections. No pockets, but this waist pack works fine. I won't use a purse because I'd be apt to leave it somewhere.

(I don't know if my socks were uneven then or not.)

DSCN4100cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I am away in Paignton this weekend. Me, Mrs BM, the children and our new addition Sully the dog. It can be difficult to find something that suits everyone especially when your puppy want to say hello, pull like mad and jump up at everyone. We spent a lot of lime at the beach..
We did have a walk through St Marychirch precinct and Mrs BM bought me a Seasalt Leonora skirt in a charity shop for £5. Bless her XX.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:26 am Mrs BM bought me a Seasalt Leonora skirt in a charity shop for £5. Bless her XX.
Not quite the £70 Laura Ashley, but double the worth when a family member buys you things to encourage your skirt wearing. Have great time in the West Country. Happy Easter. Pics?
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:48 am
Barleymower wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:26 am Mrs BM bought me a Seasalt Leonora skirt in a charity shop for £5. Bless her XX.
Not quite the £70 Laura Ashley, but double the worth when a family member buys you things to encourage your skirt wearing. Have great time in the West Country. Happy Easter. Pics?
I still want that Laura Ashley skirt ! But very kind of my wife to get me the seasalt skirt. Here's a few photos.
Screenshot_20240331_085929_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240331_085408_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240331_085632_WhatsApp.jpg
I feel another meetup is overdue 😃
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:04 am I feel another meetup is overdue 😃
I was thinking the same thing. The two I have been to have been very enjoyable.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Jim wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:16 am I won't use a purse because I'd be apt to leave it somewhere.

I know just you mean

I use a couple of small cross-body bags with long adjustable straps, which I wear over my neck and down to one side. I don't carry much, so they are light and don't get in the way. I put them on and don't take them off until I'm home. As a matter of fact, I carry one even when I'm wearing pants. It's so nice not to have bulgy pockets.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I just had an interesting chat with three ladies I met while shopping. While I was looking for a place to take a picture, I noticed a woman with an iPad taking pictures of the sets of shelves with crisps(potato chips) on them. Turns out she works for the manufactures and carries out surveys to check that the supermarket is giving their products prominent shelf space. Conversation carried on to how I walk in high heels and she liked my outfit. Two other ladies coming down the aisle then also joined in the conversation about how good I looked and how great my high heels were. I gave out advice on where to buy 7" heels which you can walk in and the many colours available. The survey lady then claimed that if she got a pair, her husband would have a heart attack. Conversation finished we all went our separate ways, me to get the picture you see below.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Mouse wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:59 pm I just had an interesting chat with three ladies I met while shopping. While I was looking for a place to take a picture, I noticed a woman with an iPad taking pictures of the sets of shelves with crisps(potato chips) on them. Turns out she works for the manufactures and carries out surveys to check that the supermarket is giving their products prominent shelf space. Conversation carried on to how I walk in high heels and she liked my outfit. Two other ladies coming down the aisle then also joined in the conversation about how good I looked and how great my high heels were. I gave out advice on where to buy 7" heels which you can walk in and the many colours available. The survey lady then claimed that if she got a pair, her husband would have a heart attack. Conversation finished we all went our separate ways, me to get the picture you see below.
Those heels are awesome Mouse.
Nice skirt too. 👍
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Jim wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:16 am No pockets, but this waist pack works fine. I won't use a purse because I'd be apt to leave it somewhere.
I witnessed a woman forgetting hers (and subsequently called her). I reached the conclusion that only ones that can be strapped on are practical.

How many women have forgotten theirs, allowing strangers access to their wallets?