Leopard print clothing Female Clothing?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mr seamstress

Leopard print clothing Female Clothing?

Post by mr seamstress »

There is one style of clothing male clergy will not be caught dead in that is leopard print.

https://www.shinesty.com/products/faste ... suit-pants

It's not just male clergy but basically just about all men. The leopard print clothing is considered being female clothing. Even women consider leopard print as taboo, it's their clothing and is forbidden to male to wear. This represent how difficult for man be recognized the right to wear skirts and dresses.
So when clergy claiming men has no right to wear dresses and skirts, this included what men can't wear. This is where even a pair of pants of leopard print is a dress (female clothing) as far clergy is concern.
Women will not put leopard print clothing on infant boy, but will put other clothing design to be worn for female infants.
Men clergy refuses to wear leopard print tie to match their wife's clothing because it is to much of being a dress.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Leopard print clothing Female Clothing?

Post by r.m.anderson »

I would guess that only in the movies (videos-dvds-etc.) would a male be seen wearing leopard print (skins).

And then on another token wearing leopard print clothing may be frown upon by endangered species organizations ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
mr seamstress

Post by mr seamstress »

I would guess that only in the movies (videos-dvds-etc.) would a male be seen wearing leopard print (skins).

And then on another token wearing leopard print clothing may be frown upon by endangered species organizations ?
I see this non-issue since since majority of women wear leopard print clothing that isn't made from animal skin. This is about women claiming how they want man to match them, but let men get by not wearing it by claiming anything that has leopard print is female clothing only even though manufactures put male labels on it.
I wear leopard print clothing in hope in getting women be wanting to get males in their life to wear leopard print in order to match them. This represents how we males have the right to wear same thing as they do. This is another step to get to that goal.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Leopard prints are not the least feminine to me, I've no idea why. Maybe because I simply don't like how they look
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I have worn Leopard print clothing for years. Tops, skirts, shorts and I have a new dress, They call is Tiger Print, but that's still an animal print.

What about a Pink Leopard print skirt, too feminine ? :mrgreen:
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I recall a famous panther who had a penchant for pink, he was a diamond geezer.
Leopard print exclusively for women, pronounced taboo by clergy etc etc etc, really?
There is no valid reason for clothing taboos for anyone, male, female, or any one of the variations between the two.
I don't doubt the validity of your statement Mr S, but this thinking should have been consigned to garbage disposal years ago.
It's more than a non event, it's a cause for concern around how these people are shaping the attitudes of their children, very bad in so many ways.
Steve.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I have a leopard print skirt and love the pink panther.....

I am amazed by all of the long dresses men wear for various religious reasons, each one with a special name which denotes it is not a dress. Some of them are made from amazing fabrics.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Mouse wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:54 am I am amazed by all of the long dresses men wear for various religious reasons, each one with a special name which denotes it is not a dress.
I do believe that this is true not just of religion but elsewhere as well. As long as you can call it something other than a skirt or a dress or show that it has some cultural significance, then it gets a pass.
It appears that maybe our approach has been all wrong. Perhaps we should be focusing on rebranding skirts and dresses as the required wardrobe of the Newly Enlightened Brethren of Fashion Freedom and the garments we choose are special frocks that signify unholy unentanglement, and of course devoid of any uniformity. (tongue firmly in cheek of course)
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Modoc wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:05 am
Mouse wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:54 am I am amazed by all of the long dresses men wear for various religious reasons, each one with a special name which denotes it is not a dress.
I do believe that this is true not just of religion but elsewhere as well. As long as you can call it something other than a skirt or a dress or show that it has some cultural significance, then it gets a pass.
It appears that maybe our approach has been all wrong. Perhaps we should be focusing on rebranding skirts and dresses as the required wardrobe of the Newly Enlightened Brethren of Fashion Freedom and the garments we choose are special frocks that signify unholy unentanglement, and of course devoid of any uniformity. (tongue firmly in cheek of course)
Maybe the term is already there? Kilt.
The kilt has a dubious history anyway and anything with a flash of tarten gets named a kilt.
If a man wears an unbifurcated garment its a kilt regardless of how it is constructed or what material is used.
If he wears it, it's a kilt, if she wears it, it's a skirt.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Barleymower wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:37 pm If a man wears an unbifurcated garment its a kilt regardless of how it is constructed or what material is used.
That is actually what I was thinking when I was very young. Before to (really) forget about it, and remember that thought recently.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Spirou003 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:36 am
Barleymower wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:37 pm If a man wears an unbifurcated garment its a kilt regardless of how it is constructed or what material is used.
That is actually what I was thinking when I was very young. Before to (really) forget about it, and remember that thought recently.
Only trouble is kilt wearing Scots my not take kindly to a guy in a nice monsoon skirt calling it a kilt.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

mr seamstress wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:18 pm It's not just male clergy but basically just about all men. The leopard print clothing is considered being female clothing. Even women consider leopard print as taboo, it's their clothing and is forbidden to male to wear. This represent how difficult for man be recognized the right to wear skirts and dresses.
I wore this yesterday to go shopping. No animals were harmed to wear this skirt, apart from the harm that fast fashion brings to the planet. I bought the skirt on ebay many years ago.

Fun fact - Who made the boots? answer in my pics area.

Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Mouse,
You cut a marvellous dash in that outfit, proves one fact there is only "clothing ", forget the gender bit for once and for all.
For sure, ain't no one could call that a kilt either.
Love it.
Steve.