That rare male compliment

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: That rare male compliment

Post by Faldaguy »

Walking, fairly quickly down an aisle at Safeway in Longview, WA two nights ago, a 40's ? chap passing in the other direction, clearly said in a voice that carried, "I like your skirt". He was past before even a nod or thank you could be uttered, but several people were readily in earshot -- so I was pleased a guy felt comfortable expressing the sentiment out loud in a public setting. The tone was clearly supportive and not derisive. Bits of progress in John Doe's ranks!
Max

Post by Max »

In a convenience store, a man about 30 stated that he liked my kilt and my black leather jacket.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I thought I had one more -- then I woke up. :) I guess we just have to dream on....

I did receive a genuine one a few days ago that I failed to post, nothing but a "I like your skirt" -- and at least the word employed was skirt, not kilt!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

My wife had to be hospitalized in Peoria for about 8 days for neck surgery. I stayed with her, but got to go home once and changed into this dress for comfort. I wore it day and night about 4 days. A lead nurse (male) and a head doctor (female) mentioned it. The nurse thought it very practical and the doctor thought it looked good and wondered where I got it.
DSCN4079cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Looks good, Jim. :D
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I was wearing a tartan utility kilt at a Disney theme park a few mornings ago. As we were making our way back to the bus stop my wife stopped to use the facilities and I was waiting along a patch of wall just checking my phone. A guy walking by just said "that is a really awesome kilt, my man!" without stopping. Really made my me smile, too bad my wife missed it happening. :lol:
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Not about skirt, but recently I've been complimented by a male colleague for the yellow trousers I was wearing. Too bad the pockets's opening is so small, making me often choose something else to wear :-(
big_daddy_thong

Post by big_daddy_thong »

I wore my new navy blue yoga skirt/skort with a six inch compression shorts built in and side pockets to hot yoga during the summer with a blue under armour tank top. Most of the time It's the ladies that give me props, but today one of the yoga guys I'm friends with said that I look great in that outfit.
big_daddy_thong

Post by big_daddy_thong »

Today I was out and about during work, shopping and running errands while wearing a denim mid thigh skirt with a t shirt. It was 95 degrees out so the air blowing between my legs was welcoming. I was in the middle of doing a DIY home improvement project, so I had to run to LOWE'S for some missing supplies to finish the job. I went into the store and sought out a sales associate for help. He was maybe the same age as I was (66 btw if anyone is asking) and helped me find the items I needed to finish the work. After he had shown me where the supplies were located, he asked me if I was wearing a skirt. He commented it looked good on me and where he could buy one for himself. He was wearing cargo shorts but he was still way to hot. I said I'm a skirt convert and don't wear shorts at all in this kind of heat. I told him I got this particular skirt at Goodwill. I also advised him to check out Burlington Coat Factory, Ross and any other retail stores or shop online. He said the next time I come into the store you will see me in a skirt. We both laughed and I went on my way. It is so good to see other men being open to genderless fashion options and taking the time to ask someone about it.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed restricted verbage
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Never had a compliment about skirts or kilts but , perversely, had a compliment about panties I was buying. The checkout assistant gushed at the patterns on the pairs I was buying, stating that she had not seen them in the shop herself and would get some for herself
:roll:
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Shilo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 am Never had a compliment about skirts or kilts but , perversely, had a compliment about panties I was buying. The checkout assistant gushed at the patterns on the pairs I was buying, stating that she had not seen them in the shop herself and would get some for herself
Not fitting topic and completely off the thread; let's try to keep the threads on topic.