Furries and anthropomorphism

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Furries and anthropomorphism

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Hi everyone back on Thursday May 25th 2023 in the topic titled New law viewtopic.php?t=20202&start=15#p248552
I brought up additional comments about furries And posted two times there about how I was considering going to a local groups meeting.

I didn't make it to the June meeting, they did have one at the end of July of which I did go to the meeting.
At this point I decided to create a topic in off topic.
Solely devoted to furries and anthropomorphism.
Wow that's a word. Say that 3 time's as fast as you can

Ok, topic started, as said, I went to the meeting, nervous as usual any time I do something new.
I did just about chicken out last minute, but I didn't.

I ended up having a good time and making a instant friend.
All in all I enjoyed the meeting and making a new friend that I have had some great discussion about furry fandom in the weeks since the July meeting.
If they have a meeting again, I will try to go again.

The amount of Time, money, effort they put into their artwork, fursuits, in some cases thousands of dollars.
(Why do I always seem to find the expensive hobbies?)

Like every thing these days it seems like everything has a dark side to it. That element I plan to avoid.
And just stay on the family oriented side of things.

I don't have any plans to buy a fursuit.
Some day I might make the time to try and make head.
I sometimes like a good challenge, and from a art and crafting standpoint character heads appear to be quiet a challenge. Now I kinda want to see if I can make one.

I will update if more comes of this new hobby ?
Skirted furry?

Anyone here know any furries?
Or seen any in the "wild"?

I guess you don't have to have a Fursuit to be considered furry. Just like the furry fandom is sufficient I guess.

I have seen someone with a furry tail at a fair/festival about 3 years back. I couldn't tell you anything else about them, I got so fixated on their tail I didn't glance up in time to see if their face. Then they were gone. Same thing happened with a guy in a kilt at the same festival. So crowded, and a blink of an eye and they are gone.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Furries and anthropomorphism

Post by Modoc »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:35 pm
Ok, topic started, as said, I went to the meeting, nervous as usual any time I do something new.
I did just about chicken out last minute, but I didn't.
I ended up having a good time and making a instant friend.
All in all I enjoyed the meeting and making a new friend that I have had some great discussion about furry fandom in the weeks since the July meeting
Hello; I have nothing to offer on the subject other than to say that I have never regretted trying something new. There have been some things that I didn't like, like body painting, and wouldn't do again but at least now I know.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fur Furfest 2023 & MIS

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Ok guys,a bit of a update and a observation.
Since August I have been exploring the furry fandom more than I ever thought I would.

Partly because I have made friends with a few of them that I met at a local furry club meet at a Library. It turns out that the ones I have befriended have alot of the same interests. Outside of the furry fandom. (Star trek, board games, card games, art and computers.) Anyways we been talking, met up for dinner a couple of times.

They invited me to go to MFF Midwest Fur fest in Chicago 15000 furries this year (coming in as the largest furry convention in the world I believe.)
And I almost went, I had arrangements fall apart the last 48 hours before planning on attending. ( Another friend had to back out due to a family emergency) still wanting to go, the final straw that broke the camels back, was I only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before.

I have wanted to go for several years, ( I had heard of it several years ago, before joining the fandom) but didn't want to go by myself. Driving in and around Chicago absolutely is insane. ( On 4 hours of sleep) And conventions are always better with someone else with you. I SOOO wanted to go. Well maybe next year. Or another one in about 3 months. There are 3 others that are just about the same distance away in different directions. They are all much smaller conventions with only about 1000 in attendance.
Something of skirted interest, my friends that did go, posted many pictures of people at the con on Facebook.

I need to ask them about it, but I'm certain I saw at least two different men in skirts in some of the crowd shots.
If I get permission from the original poster, I will post them on here to show you guys.

I guess if any of you want to check out the convention website it's. furfest.org You tube also has many videos taken at MFF Midwest Fur fest it looks to be a hoot and I hopefully will get a chance to go some year.

mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Another update, I was never able to get permission to share those photos of the guys in skirts. At the fur con.
It seems the the furry fandom is a little bit open to MIS.
I guess If you are willing to dress up as a large furry animal or want to hang around those that do, seeing a MIS isn't all that shocking. Especially when There is a sub group of Furries that are known to be baby or little furs that wear ABDL diapers. So a MIS seems to be a non event at these conventions.

In furry related news, I decided I guess I'm officially a Furry. I commissioned one of my friends from the library to make me arm sleeves, and leg sleeves for a partial fur suit.
Eventually I will post a picture or two of my fur suit once Its completed. It remains to be seen if I will ever wear a skirt with my fursuit. Keep you posted on this oddity in my life.

denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:35 pm I have seen someone with a furry tail at a fair/festival about 3 years back.
mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:51 am It seems the the furry fandom is a little bit open to MIS.
I guess pants would be a bit aukward if you have a tail.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Hi guys another follow up post to my February 19 th post.
I did infact make it to my first fur con.
Motor City Fur Con or MCFC for short.
In short
I'm glad I went. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Initially I was nervous. In all it was a lot of fun.
I got there at around 10 am and at 1130 they have participants gathering for the furry parade. ( This was my first con and first time in a fursuit) here's a funny story about that. is they opened the staging room. I went in when It was about half full, I'm thinking I'll slip to the back corner and just be out of the way. (Be invisible, I was a smidge nervous at this point). After every one assembled the MC gets on the mic, "hey all we are going to be leaving out that door in the back corner on the right.... " I'm standing about 4 feet from said door. Oh...oh... Turns out instead of being near the end of .the parade. I'm one of the first 10 in line on the video. talk about unwittingly jumping right in.
If you want to watch a you tube video here I the link https://youtu.be/YRZfbvND5ak?si=JKfU2kyi1tNQrM_m
I'm the white cat with a blue tuft of hair , pink and blue shirt and denim bib shortalls. ( Jimmy.5 still partly in finished) In the first 20 to 30 seconds of video. I also recommend watching some of the furry dance competitions.

Two take aways.
If you are a kid at heart you will enjoy a fur con or cosplay/comicon type events.

Two at the fur con I saw multiple men in kilts. The fur suit characters gender doesn't nessairly match the gender of the warer. I can confirm at least two furries that were male but wearing a female themed character suit.
Then there were quite a few "femboys" with in the furry fandom typically wearing some sort of pleated skirt and striped thigh high socks.

So there are males in skirts at fur cons but they sort of end up in the "as costume" or impersonating a female furry character. And not a true MIS.

Check out the video, let me know what you think over all.