End of the road

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

End of the road

Post by moonshadow »

From sea to shining sea, my wife and I have traveled as far west as we can possibly go by land vehicle, we'd need a boat to travel any further.

Lucky us, we managed to catch a west coast sunset on Saturday, February 3rd 2024...

I absolutely love the west coast, this whole experience has been good for the soul. We're not going back. We will be selling our house in Virginia this summer and downsizing considerably during the process.

I did manage to take my shoes off and walk along the edge of the water for a spell... it was quite cold, so cold it actually hurt considerably. I only did this for about five minutes before I had enough and put my shoes back on.

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: End of the road

Post by Elisabetta »

It was a memorable day that I'll definitely cherish for years to come. Washington is our home. Our resting place.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Elisabetta wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:51 am It was a memorable day that I'll definitely cherish for years to come. Washington is our home. Our resting place.
Indeed. I'll never forget that guy from a Washington storage facility I chatted with on the phone before we ever left, he made the comment:

"Yes, the Pacific Northwest is expensive, but it's worth it".

It sure is.

And not just the scenery, the people are just downright phenomenal. I've not been heckled the first time since I've been here. We have friends... actual friends that come by to visit and have coffee... in our camper.

Friends... we've never had [local] friends before. I'm actually cooking for people! A nice guy comes by every Sunday now for coffee and breakfast. Today he was treated to my homemade southern biscuit gravy. Liz has a friend she goes walking with every day.

On expensive... housing? Yes. Gas? About a dollar more.

I thought groceries were a little bit higher until I found the WinCo Foods... WOW what an affordable option! Prices I haven't seen in 10 years. And it's so nice to have a 24 hour grocery option again.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I even had a job that I was given by the landlord. Plus our landlord even has come over to visit. The scenery is breathtaking and the friendships are amazing! Just the other day we ran into our friend and his wife at Denny's and had a double date.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Great pictures moonshadow, especially the sunset. :)

I'm pleased that you've both found the area in which you want to make a home.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Moon,
I am so glad you two have found your new home to be pleasing and gracious.
I hope it will continue that way for the rest of your lives.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Bellissimo! A magnificent sunset overlooking one of the great oceans.

I am so very, very happy you two seem to have found your new home -- because, home really is "where the heart is".

I figured you'd like it once getting used to it. I've thought about moving to that part of the world more than a few times.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I recall a comment I came across online...how to tell if your decision to move was a good one.

Does the new location seem like home, after you have been there for six months, a year....?

I believe that there may be chemistry between individuals...or not. I have begun to think that is also true between an individual and a place...or not.

I have read comments in which people say that they can hardly stand the location they moved to, that they can hardly wait to move away. Feeling trapped for whatever reason.

I moved to Seattle in 1984, been here most of my life.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Moon shadow, I live just a short walk from the Woodland Park Zoo. Once the weather has turned milder, I would like to show you guys the zoo.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Great to hear you are both happy there.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Grok wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:43 am Moon shadow, I live just a short walk from the Woodland Park Zoo. Once the weather has turned milder, I would like to show you guys the zoo.
We'd like that. As the time draws nearer we'll reach out.
-Andrea
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Looking forward to meeting you, Moon Shadow. :D

At this time of year, at the zoo, it is a reclusive time for the animals. Some can be experienced indoors.

And its rather uncomfortable to walk around with chilly, damp, overcast weather.