Moral Outrage Because of a Small Clip

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Moral Outrage Because of a Small Clip

Post by rivegauche »

denimini wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:15 am Funny, in some places it seems OK for a man to wear a gun but not OK to wear a skirt.
Now that is a very telling statement. It tells you all you need to know about a certain type of person in a country that claims to be the land of the free. Well said.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:15 am The same people often demand freedom for things that make them happy (eg: guns) but are quick to deny freedom for things that make other people happy. Funny, in some places it seems OK for a man to wear a gun but not OK to wear a skirt.
π’œπ’½π’½, 𝐼 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 π“Œπ‘œπ“‡π“ƒ π’·π‘œπ“‰π’½ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝒢𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ’Άπ“‚π‘’ 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒. 𝐼 π“Œπ’Άπ“ˆ 𝒢𝓉 𝒢 π‘”π“Šπ“ƒ 𝓇𝒢𝓃𝑔𝑒 π“Œπ’½π‘’π“‡π‘’ 𝒾𝓉 π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝒢𝓁𝓁 𝓂𝑒𝓃 𝒢𝓁𝓁 π‘œπ’» 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒. π’―π’½π‘’π“Ž 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“Œπ’Άπ“Ž π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π‘’π“π’Έπ“π“Šπ’Ήπ’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π‘’π“ƒ π’·π‘’π’Έπ’Άπ“Šπ“ˆπ‘’ 𝒾𝓉 π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝒢 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓋𝒢𝓉𝑒 π’Έπ“π“Šπ’· 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’Ύπ“ˆ π‘œπ“ƒ 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓋𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“…π“‡π‘œπ“…π‘’π“‡π“‰π“Ž π‘œπ“Œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή π’·π“Ž π‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ π‘œπ’» 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π’Έπ“π“Šπ’· π“‚π‘’π“‚π’·π‘’π“‡π“ˆ.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

In Appalachia, a man could wear a gun and a skirt.

I never carried a firearm while wearing a skirt, but I did wield a mean caulking gun one time while sealing up some crevices around the house.

I dare anyone to stop me, lest I break out my trusty Arrow staple gun with the long staples in the stock.

I'll shoot yer eye out!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

And moms around the world are screaming don't play with that you will put your eyes out!
It really does not matter that very few have put their eyes out, just their friends eyes!! :twisted:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:48 am I never carried a firearm while wearing a skirt, but I did wield a mean caulking gun one time ......................
That sounds like a good defence against loud-mouthed bigots.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:44 amThat sounds like a good defence against loud-mouthed bigots.
Oh, that caused a loud guffaw in the midst of other hardships. Thank you!!!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

moonshadow wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:48 am In Appalachia, a man could wear a gun and a skirt.

I never carried a firearm while wearing a skirt, but I did wield a mean caulking gun one time while sealing up some crevices around the house.

I dare anyone to stop me, lest I break out my trusty Arrow staple gun with the long staples in the stock.

I'll shoot yer eye out!
Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture ... cott-calls

If I didn't know better, looking at the comments, I would say that it was most likely an attack from some hostile nation, trying to set USA and Americans in a very bad standing.
It is only to hope that the persons behind these comments only represent a very small group in American society.

For the sake of good order, I'm 100% hetero but I, to the full, respect that other men and women have other sexual preferences. And I don't believe that these are or can be a function of the way boys - or their (gay) parents - dress.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

denimini wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:44 am
moonshadow wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:48 am I never carried a firearm while wearing a skirt, but I did wield a mean caulking gun one time ......................
That sounds like a good defence against loud-mouthed bigots.
Addendum

"Speak softly and carry a BIG stick" -

Big stick ideology, big stick diplomacy, big stick philosophy, or big stick policy refers
to an aphorism often said by the 26th president of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt; "speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far".
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !