news from french couture spring summer 2024

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
AntoineParis

news from french couture spring summer 2024

Post by AntoineParis »

Hi guy,
here are some trends from Paris Men's fashion week, spring summer 2024 luxury and creative brands collections.
What do you think? What would you wear?
There is one photo of a skirt https://hommeurbain.com/mode-homme-ete- ... tendances/
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: news from french couture spring summer 2024

Post by Modoc »

I saw maybe 4 or 5 skirts and 1 dress. Probably none of them are something I would wear, but that's general the case with these designer shows.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

A few of the "designs", once I enlarged the pic's, would be surpassed by wearing a flour sack :!:
A big fat NO to all of them :!: Also, I wish designers would use models of "normal" size instead
of super-skinny, anorexic looking human mannequins to show their designs.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:22 pm A few of the "designs", once I enlarged the pic's, would be surpassed by wearing a flour sack :!:
A big fat NO to all of them :!: Also, I wish designers would use models of "normal" size instead
of super-skinny, anorexic looking human mannequins to show their designs.
I have to agree with these points. I also have to say that I feel disrespected as a (potential) customer for these reasons:

1. Dispensing with shirts, or any sort of top.

2. The worst offender-being clad only in your underwear.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Grok wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:08 pm 2. The worst offender-being clad only in your underwear.
Sweating the "small" stuff again?

Steve
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I find women's dresses far more attractive than those unkempt rags shown in the Paris Men's fashion week shows. In addition those rags have got.to.cost a fortune, and if I wore them I would stick out far more than the dresses I wear.

John
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

I really think that designer fashion shows are more about the entertainment factor than actually producing mass-marketable clothes for either men or women. Some of the outfits are extreme and meant as attention-getters so that designers' names stay on the pages of the press and in the minds of marketers. It's all about notoriety and publicity.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I don't know why they bother, really. How they finance such gatherings/events eludes me also.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:25 am I don't know why they bother, really. How they finance such gatherings/events eludes me also.

Tom
Tom your question piqued my interest this is what I found out
From this article
https://fablstyle.com/blog/fashion-show ... ake-money/

A fashion show is a thrilling event, but it is more than just the catwalk. The host’s first concern is always how to meet the fashion show’s finances. A lot of money is spent to ensure that the event runs smoothly, including countless extra expenses aside from the cost of clothes, models, and production. Here’s how to make money from your fashion show without taking too many risks or spending too much money up front.

Fashion Show Business Model
How do fashion shows make money?
How Do Brands That Host Fashion Shows Make Money?
The show’s organizers make money in a few ways. First, they may charge venue rental fees to the fashion brands who wish to participate. Second, they may take a percentage of ticket sales. And finally, for fashion show finances, they may also sell advertising and sponsorships to companies who want to be associated with the event.

How do fashion shows make money?
Fashion Show Cost
The sponsors input to Fashion Show Finances
A fashion show is a public event, often with tickets sold to the general public. However, the real money comes from corporate sponsorships. Large companies will pay to have their name associated with the event, and will also provide clothing and other materials for the show. These sponsorships can cover the entire cost of the show, or just a portion of it.
― Anaïs Nin
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I wouldn't walk across the street to see one of those fashion shows even if it was free.

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

JohnH wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:14 pm I wouldn't walk across the street to see one of those fashion shows even if it was free.
John
I think they kind of know that already John. so the hype isn't actually aimed at you anyway.
These folks don't care for anything vaguely mainstream, their money comes from the few who have the most.
Rolls Royce cars are pretty much the same except they have real style on their side.
Steve.