Independent article on de-gendering fashion

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Independent article on de-gendering fashion

Post by Grok »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:24 pm
Thus it'll be "the few and the brave" that adopt skirted rigs -- mainly the ones with nothing left to lose and the ones who know they'll spend the rest of their lives as bachelors to die cold and alone.
I think there is quite a large group of older single men. I often read comments that are posted on line. Men who were divorced by their wives, and have given up on romantic relationships. This seems to be especially true if the men remarried and faced divorce a second time.

As for promoting MIS, I see it as serving as an example to children. With both little boys and little girls getting the notion that it is okay for a man to wear a skirt.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:41 amAs for promoting MIS, I see it as serving as an example to children. With both little boys and little girls getting the notion that it is okay for a man to wear a skirt.
I'm not so sure on that count. They're just as likely to view us as doddering old fools who don't know how to dress properly. The brainwashing starts very, very early on.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:43 am I'm not so sure on that count. They're just as likely to view us as doddering old fools who don't know how to dress properly. The brainwashing starts very, very early on.
In the case of children Carl, how we influence their thinking is moot, the parents of the younger kids are a whole different matter.
Teenagers and older kids are likely to be moulded beyond redemption or surprisingly tolerant and supportive.
How that translates for the romantic chances of a 17 year old boy in a skirt, no worse, but likely no better than any older guy's.
I guess there will be exceptions, but as the saying goes, "one swallow does not a summer make" .
Steve.