compliment

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
stephanie53

compliment

Post by stephanie53 »

I got 2 compliments from to different people in do different stores. Made me feel good!
sorry for the double pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: compliment

Post by Grok »

Very good. :D
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I am not surprised that you got compliments with that outfit .......... and if you had that same smile that would have welcomed a friendly encounter.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Compliments - not as much - negative critic - none to write home about - conversation starters - let the party begin !
Kilts and tartan plaid pleated skirts are easier to carry on the discussion. Denim most always passes under the radar.
Compliments are like blips on the radar - you have been noticed - a friendly blip at that - carry on - - - !

Merry Christmas - Happy New Years
Mele Kalikimaka - Hau Oli Makahiki Hou
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

You can count me and make that 3.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Nice selection, good matching of colors for outfit and skin tone. Simple, functional; good work a day outfit.
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

I can easily see why you got the compliments, nice outfit.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

thank you all for your nice comments. I do love wearing this, but because it's so short, I need to be careful about bending over
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

denimini wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:29 pm I am not surprised that you got compliments with that outfit .......... and if you had that same smile that would have welcomed a friendly encounter.
As a matter of fact, the smile did garder an encounter, in a food store on 12/24. A very nice lady came up to me saying i looked good and gave me a big huh, with her husband looking on. made my day!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Nice outfit!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

I don't really wear my kilts out much except for hiking /bushwalking .. Doing that on a couple of occasions now I have been complimented and otherwise the people I very occasionally say nothing . I'm happy either way .. Both of my compliments have come from women . I'd suggest that whether they say anything or not women generally are secretly very happy to see a bloke stepping into clothing that differs from boring norms ..
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

IMG_20240103_075044 - Copy.jpg
This is not when I got a thrilling compliment two days ago but it is the reason why I got the compliment . A younger lady saw me getting out of my car near where I walk my dog ..I know her pretty well as it happens.. Pretty much exactly her words were .."Rod , oh my God that looks great on you " Because I'm on annual leave til Jan 25th I've been spending a lot more time than usual in my kilts ...It's amazing fun ...I'm starting to get up there (63) and to have someone comment was great ..This is my only leather one . Might have to add another if this keeps up eh...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.