The Ultimate Stealth Skirt.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Ultimate Stealth Skirt.

Post by Ozdelights »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:15 am When I started this thread, I said that many men would just stop at kilts and never extend their "skirt" choices any further.
The fact is that the wearing of a kilt as an acceptable skirt for a man is just as much of an imposition by society as trousers.
Steve
I started with a denim skirt and have never worn a kilt. Where I live you rarely (almost never) see a kilt and so would garner lots of attention anyway. I think the only one I have seen was a friend who wore a traditional one as a Scottish drummer and for very formal occasions like his wedding. He has since moved away. I will add that I haven't pushed the public outings in my small hometown but I do wear skirts around just usually not close to other people. I have had some encounters but I'm almost certain they didn't even notice!
Barry
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Ultimate Stealth Skirt.

Post by Mouse »

Stevie, I think you are correct in some way, but unfair in others. In my own path from secret skirt wearing to working daily in a skirt, the utility kilt was and remains a major stepping stone in my own mind and my projection to others. I have never worn a proper kilt since it never figured in the type of skirts I wanted to wear. However the concept of a skirt that is designed for men is immensely useful in my own brain and a refuge on days when I am not as confident or the people I am meeting are new or scary. My other easy skirts to wear are my Skirtcraft gender free skirts and the skirts that I have made for me, all of which gets around an early critique of my wife that I was wearing women's clothes. These days we have moved on and I wear all manner of skirts when I go out with her so I am free. However I still live in the real world and I adjust my skirts for the occasion so freedom is tempered by many things including the weather...
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...