Greek Fustanella

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greek Fustanella

Post by STEVIE »

Tazzmac wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 am The Fustanella is certainly spectacular ..
Sure is Tazzmac, just don't ever call it a skirt to a Greek guy.
Steve
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

A picture best describes the Greek kilt:
Evzones_2021_Final.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

G'day. Not fustanella but along soldiers theme..a bit of fun here if I may thanks to John Cleese and the crew from Monty Python ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuALwLhUmKY . One of the classic scenes from The Life of Brian ..

also somehow I think in reality the old centurion battle dress wouldn't have been quite that short ...or would it,?

On that , anybody recall the Carry On movie Up the Kyber that featured kilts a lot and Wonderwoman with the gorgeous Gal Gadot and the scot in the kilt or Dr Who and Jamie also in a kilt ....Cheers..
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

As I recall, the old Bravehearts kilt forum had an article that mentioned the fustanella. Looks good (though too short for my tastes), and could conceivably become accepted. But likely to remain uncommon, due to the complexity.