Teenage son likes to wear a dress

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tazzmac

Re: Teenage son likes to wear a dress

Post by Tazzmac »

About 15 years ago our school where I work had this amazing rock band that went on to win the Rock Challenge .. Big deal for a rural based school . The lead singer was a real character and engaged with the crowds like crazy .. A year or so before I was cleaning the music room and saw this new student at the door...She was dressed in a nice top and little mini skirt .. the other kids though seemed to be joking with her a if they knew her already . They did...It was the before mentioned singer .. Just amazing how convincing he was ..Found out later it was all set up as part of a school fundraiser . There were other lads that did it too...It didn't detract at all , I think he enjoyed it , the girls certainly did and it was a lot of fun .

Which begs the question....Why do clothes either way have to have a big bearing on how a person is perceived eh .. Clothes choice should not be the issue , the person in the clothes is all that matters..
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Tazzmac wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:51 pmClothes choice should not be the issue , the person in the clothes is all that matters..
This is the way that it should be not the way that it is. Show me so much as one "normal" (read "average"/"mediocre") person who can actually make that distinction successfully. The world is full up with "average" and "mediocre" intellects. It's only the very smart ones that can successfully navigate that path -- and they're rare.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:07 am
Tazzmac wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:51 pmClothes choice should not be the issue , the person in the clothes is all that matters..
This is the way that it should be not the way that it is. Show me so much as one "normal" (read "average"/"mediocre") person who can actually make that distinction successfully. The world is full up with "average" and "mediocre" intellects. It's only the very smart ones that can successfully navigate that path -- and they're rare.
True, but the problem for kids is that most adults/parents only see the clothes and not the actual young human in them.
I just wonder how long it will take before this discussion becomes totally irrelevant?
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:28 am
True, but the problem for kids is that most adults/parents only see the clothes and not the actual young human in them.
I just wonder how long it will take before this discussion becomes totally irrelevant?
Steve.
There is a problem with men for sure. I spent the morning with a group of guys. There's a few who are loud and not nice. One older man being called 'pops' or Mr magoo constantly, one bending down got a "while you're down there' comment. One punched the stand when he missed. One ripped his card up because scored badly and stormed off saying he will never come back.
Most of the guys are perfect gents. It's always a few that cause the problems. They are just not that happy.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

......and they have guns BM.
Kind of a scary thought how they could deal with a bad situation.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:28 am
Steve.
There is a problem with men for sure. I spent the morning with a group of guys. There's a few who are loud and not nice. One older man being called 'pops' or Mr magoo constantly, one bending down got a "while you're down there' comment. One punched the stand when he missed. One ripped his card up because scored badly and stormed off saying he will never come back.
Most of the guys are perfect gents. It's always a few that cause the problems. They are just not that happy.