A miniskirt forever

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sepchugang

A miniskirt forever

Post by Sepchugang »

A bit bizarre, but I was in the Mayan archaeological museum in Campeche, Mexico and came across this.
A rather neat mini skirt to spend eternity in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A miniskirt forever

Post by Modoc »

Based on what I've seen it's probably not a whole lot different from what they would have worn in life. Depending on the station of course.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Could be a split skirt with a loin cloth apron panel.
With the temperature norms being warm in the central america countries except in the upper altitudes minimal clothing
would be all that was needed sans sun screen and insect protection.
Think next generation Garden of Eden fig leaf coverage.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

That's what I keep telling people; that it is not new for men to wear mini skirts.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sepchugang

Post by Sepchugang »

Since it is now 30 degrees C (86 Fahrenheit) here and quite humid, those ancient Mayans were very sensible, unlike the current population, who almost exclusively (male and female) are wearing shorts and some sort of top. I've been out and about wearing a khaki skirt from Crew clothing https://www.crewclothing.co.uk/womens/c ... en-wsi021/ that comes just above the knee and with a T-shirt. It is really comfortable - much better than shorts. No one seems to have batted an eyelid or made a comment, even if they actually noticed. My wife, who is with me and wearing a loose dress, has also not made a comment - yet!