Scored a hat-trick of kilts today

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Bill

Scored a hat-trick of kilts today

Post by Bill »

Just had to share the happy news. Deliveries today included two kilts from USA Kilts and one from UT Kilts.

They are (l to r) in the image below, A Macintosh Premium wool kilt from UT Kilts, a Nordic Heritage casual and a German Heritage casual from USA Kilts.

So, what does my wife say? She encouraged me to get them. We stopped at the USA Kilts store in Pennsylvania on our way home from a road trip to Maine last month. She looked at the tartans available on the casual rack and said I should order those two. Last week, we were out to dinner and I got an email about clearance pricing on the Mackintosh - it happened to be in my size. She looked at it and told me to order it. Who was I to argue, eh?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Re: Scored a hat-trick of kilts today

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Bill wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:39 pm Just had to share the happy news. Deliveries today included two kilts from USA Kilts and one from UT Kilts.

They are (l to r) in the image below, A Macintosh Premium wool kilt from UT Kilts, a Nordic Heritage casual and a German Heritage casual from USA Kilts.

So, what does my wife say? She encouraged me to get them. We stopped at the USA Kilts store in Pennsylvania on our way home from a road trip to Maine last month. She looked at the tartans available on the casual rack and said I should order those two. Last week, we were out to dinner and I got an email about clearance pricing on the Mackintosh - it happened to be in my size. She looked at it and told me to order it. Who was I to argue, eh?
Very nice, I am jealous. Sounds like you have a wonderful wife. I just went through PA as well on my way back to NC. I wish I knew that USA Kilts was there.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Very good, Bill. :D
Bill

Post by Bill »

Yes, KBW, my wife is quite supportive. She is (this afternoon) looking for a sweater and/or polo that will look good with the new kilts.

On our way home from a long road trip in September we stopped to visit the Mall of America. We stumbled across a Got Kilt store among the 502 stores there. She bought me a new utility kilt (they had one on the rack in my size) because my old Amerikilt is showing signs of age. That old kilt is still fine and as comfortable as an old pair of jeans but. I would have ordered a new AmeriKilt but they are no longer in business.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Congrats on the skirt trick score - - -
You aren't per chance the same size as the wife ?
Maybe with her approval - she is looking for raiding your wardrobe closet sometime !
LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Bill

Post by Bill »

No, R.M., not the same size. She doesn't drink beer and I've got the belly to prove that I do. :P
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Very nice selection of kilts!
I've been losing a lot of weight since September and I've been sort of eyeing a few kilts from USA Kilts as a reward once my measurements settle down. Their YouTube channel is great fun and has a lot of good advice about kilt wearing that applies to skirts as well.
Bill

Post by Bill »

FLbreezy, these two bring my total number of kilts from USA Kilts to six and my total number from UT Kilts to four. The three from UT that I already had are all utility kilts (in black, khaki and olive). The Macintosh is my first wool traditional kilt from them. It fits perfectly and is truly very nice. The two new ones from USA Kilts are perfect representatives of the kiltmakers art.