Tights? What Tights?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tights? What Tights?

Post by Modoc »

Thanks,
I ordered the third one and will give it a try. I have considered garters before but they seem a bit binding. Guess the best way to find out is to actually try it out and see.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Modoc wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:13 pm Thanks,
I ordered the third one and will give it a try. I have considered garters before but they seem a bit binding. Guess the best way to find out is to actually try it out and see.
A hook and eye adjustable waist is always best - and I would say the 2nd or 3rd were the better suspender options.

I suspend when I do wear hosiery as I prefer stockings over pantyhose options.

I would say - be sure to wear your panty/brief over the top so but your belt on, put your stockings on and then put your panty on.
The reality of wearing suspended stockings, usually always worn as I described, only in lingerie catalogues etc do they wear a suspender belt over a panty.
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:25 am Why fret over "tights" vs "leggings" or skirt vs kilt; if the sock is attached to the legging....or even if the person in image number two is male or female?

Two people obviously dressed as they chose for the day and -- wow, they both look like normal human beings! The notion of better, or worse, is nothing more than a personal preference -- which might even change given the activity, settings, or a thousand other factors. If we want men in skirts and dresses to be accepted as a norm, we also need to be open to other deviations from the norm or it becomes just another clique, club -- another rut of conformity imposed by what others think.

I personally have not taken well to trend for body art by tattoo, especially as it is too permanent -- but it is not mine to decide what somebody else wants to do, as long as their choices don't interfere with mine. If we want freedom of choice, that same freedom must be granted to others.
Well said!
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

I usually wear tight in conjunction with breeches. Tights for guys have always been a thing, though not as popular in modern times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

timemeddler wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:59 pm I usually wear tight in conjunction with breeches. Tights for guys have always been a thing, though not as popular in modern times.
I've always like the look of breeches, but never owned any.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:35 pm
timemeddler wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:59 pm I usually wear tight in conjunction with breeches. Tights for guys have always been a thing, though not as popular in modern times.
I've always like the look of breeches, but never owned any.
Funnily enough, my parents used to climb mountains in the 70’s (not the “dangerous” kind), and I saw a photo of them - he was wearing corduroy breeches. Didn’t think much of until this thread, and after watching “The Eiger Sanction” where Clint Eastwood is decked out in a pair during the climb.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Leggings under a USA Kilts American Heritage casual kilt - photographing scenery in Theodore Roosevelt National Park in September...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I come at this from a slightly different direction. I have never much liked socks!!! So going to skirts gave me the opportunity to try different things on the ends of my legs. My favourite has become stockings, normally 40d in the warmers months to 80d or 100d in the cooler months. I have a number of suspended belts, all with 6 or 8 metal clips and minimal lace! Pants are worn on top and provide easy toilet options. I have found a great source of brightly coloured stockings on Amazon. I do not shave my legs so I rarely go lower than 40d. On hot days, bare legs, on really cold days, thick warm tights!!!
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...