Hello from Suffolk Uk

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Mathew

Hello from Suffolk Uk

Post by Mathew »

Hello all! I hope you are all well. I joined recently and so pleased there are more men in the world who enjoy the pleasure of skirts. I'm been wearing skirts and the occasional dress at home for years (20ish). Luckily I have a understanding wife who was not very keen at first on my clothing choices but soon saw how skirts make sence for men and how much happier I am when wearing them. I have started venturing out in skirts, hiking around the surrounding countryside, slowing gaining courage to go into a town centre.
Uncle Al

Re: Hello from Suffolk Uk

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome:
Have fun and participate as much as you want :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Welcome to the Cafe, I am new myself and working my way around here. Sounds like you are off to a good start hiking in skirts as I do.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, Mathew.

You are fortunate to have an understanding wife. As am I, although it took her years to come round to accepting my skirts.

Take your courage in both hands and head into town in a skirt. It's not easy at first, but it gets easier and after a while you'll think nothing of it - apart from how comfortable you are!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

skirtyscot wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:56 pm Hello and welcome, Mathew.

You are fortunate to have an understanding wife. As am I, although it took her years to come round to accepting my skirts.

Take your courage in both hands and head into town in a skirt. It's not easy at first, but it gets easier and after a while you'll think nothing of it - apart from how comfortable you are!
I have to agree, Take your courage and head into town in a skirt. I started with hikes and running in a skirt or kllt myself. Be confident in who you are.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Possible duplicate -- lost something along the way; but not the desire to wish you well on your continued journey. It sounds like you are well along to finding who you are and your comfort zones. I don't think we can really 'work up the courage' for our next steps into public skirting as we tend to let the fears in our head get in the way of just doing it. Take the confidence you've gained wearing skirts at home and on the trail and just head to town. As long as you wear your choices with confidence, owning your own choice you will find town, business, park, cafe, or airports -- they are all the same -- some will notice, a few may compliment you, and most will just continue about their life as usual!

Pura Vida from Costa Rica