Hello from Pennsylvania

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Methylcyclohexane

Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by Methylcyclohexane »

Hello everyone!

I created this account a while ago, long enough ago that I don't even remember when, but never actually participated in this community, and now I feel like it's time to do so.

My username might strike you as a bit weird. It's just the name of some random chemical and has no particular meaning. It's a strategy I've used before when I want to make a new account on a new site but don't want people who know me from my other usernames to find me there. Of course, there's really no reason I should have to hide the fact that I'm on this site, considering how there's really nothing wrong with wearing a skirt, regardless of gender, but I guess I was just nervous when I made this account. You can call me anything you want for short, Methyl, Hexane, or Hex would work just fine. Just... Please don't call me Meth. XD

Anyway, I'm a 22 year old from Pennsylvania. I started to have an interest in skirts sometime in my teens. I don't remember exactly how old I was, so let's just say I was 15 ± 1 years old when it suddenly occurred to me that I had never worn a skirt before and had no idea what it felt like. I couldn't stop thinking about it, until one day I felt daring enough to try one on in secret, and I loved it! It felt so comfortable and so freeing! I kept my interest a secret, though. My folks are nice and I love them of course, but they also aren't the type to be very accepting of that sort of thing.

Now, though, I'm living on my own and can buy and wear anything I desire that my piggy bank can accommodate, including any dresses and skirts that catch my eye. I've barely worn any out in public yet, but I feel like I should start doing that more, be more authentically me, you know? So, that's why I'm here.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll probably make a post about my "adventure" last night later today.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by Ozdelights »

Welcome and please enjoy your time here. Love the avatar, it's something I have thought about when wearing a skirt. Maybe the universal symbol is not always appropriate.
Methylcyclohexane

Post by Methylcyclohexane »

Ozdelights wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:26 pm Welcome and please enjoy your time here. Love the avatar, it's something I have thought about when wearing a skirt. Maybe the universal symbol is not always appropriate.
Thank you for the warm welcome! And yeah, I saw that image once online somewhere and thought it was funny as well as apropos for folks like us, so I saved it to my computer. Now it's my profile pic! Well, on this website anyway.
Last edited by denimini on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotation formatting
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Welcome to the mad mad mad world (ah er forum) of the merry merry merry skirted men folk.

AND YES your avatar is very very very interesting !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Welcome to your debut in participation and great to hear you are now living independently to experiment with clothing. I wish that I had started wearing skirts at your age although probably not as much public acceptance then.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Welcome to Skirt Cafe, I am new myself. Share and enjoy your time in the forum.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."