Hello from NC

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Hello from NC

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Hello, Kilted Big Wave here. I recently joined when I ran into a link to this forum, I am trying to figure what this forum is actually all about and how I can share my love of skirts and kilts.

I love short, pleated skirts and kilts with ankle boots, mary janes or even running shoes. No wig or makeup I'm not trying to be a woman or appear feminine, just me dressed as I like. I often go for a run in my kilt or skirts or a day of shopping, lunch even a stop at the local pub.

The best thing that has been happening lately is that I am constantly getting compliments from everyone especially the women. I never got these compliments in shorts. I really hope kilts become more socially acceptable for men to wear on a normal basis. I’m wearing mine everywhere these days and will be buying more.
Last edited by KiltedBigWave on Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from NC

Post by rode_kater »

Sounds like you're in the right place. Welcome!
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

rode_kater wrote:
> Sounds like you're in the right place. Welcome!

Thanks, I hope so, I travel quite a bit as well and always with skirts and kilts.
"Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool."
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

KiltedBigWave wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:07 pm Hello, Kilted Big Wave here. I recently joined when I ran into a link to this forum, I am trying to figure what this forum is actually all about and how I can share my love of skirts and kilts.

I love short, pleated skirts and kilts with ankle boots, mary janes or even running shoes. No wig or makeup I'm not trying to be a woman or appear feminine, just me dressed as I like. I often go for a run in my kilt or skirts or a day of shopping, lunch even a stop at the local pub.

The best thing that has been happening lately is that I am constantly getting compliments from everyone especially the women. I never got these compliments in shorts. I really hope kilts become more socially acceptable for men to wear on a normal basis. I’m wearing mine everywhere these days and will be buying more.
'just me dressed as I like" is pretty much what the forum is about, encouraging, supporting, leading the way for men to wear what they please. You are bang on track -- follow along, contribute as you please, lots of useful tips about skirt wearing by men, and lots of 'diversions' both fun and occasionally frustrating!

I too travel a fair bit -- though without the special benefits of being retired airline. Before I joined this forum, I wore skirts most everywhere, but not while traveling by air due to worries about TSA, and macho types in in customs, immigration....but after expressing my hesitation and reading the experience of others here, I tossed the frets and all has been fine. I don't think I've garnered any compliments from TSA, but no sneers either.

Welcome aboard from Ticolandia
KiltedBigWave
Distinguished Member

Post by KiltedBigWave »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:38 am
KiltedBigWave wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:07 pm Hello, Kilted Big Wave here. I recently joined when I ran into a link to this forum, I am trying to figure what this forum is actually all about and how I can share my love of skirts and kilts.

'just me dressed as I like" is pretty much what the forum is about, encouraging, supporting, leading the way for men to wear what they please. You are bang on track -- follow along, contribute as you please, lots of useful tips about skirt wearing by men, and lots of 'diversions' both fun and occasionally frustrating!

I too travel a fair bit -- though without the special benefits of being retired airline. Before I joined this forum, I wore skirts most everywhere, but not while traveling by air due to worries about TSA, and macho types in in customs, immigration....but after expressing my hesitation and reading the experience of others here, I tossed the frets and all has been fine. I don't think I've garnered any compliments from TSA, but no sneers either.

Welcome aboard from Ticolandia
Thanks for the encouraging comments, I do plan on following along and contributing.

While I am retired aviation, I am not from the airlines though.

I too now wear what I want in public on many occasions and do not worry about a thing. I do love the nice compliments here and there.