If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Cram

Post by Cram »

Hi, I've just joined after many times looking at this site, I've been enjoying wearing skirts for many years and just looking for a group to share the experience with.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Newbie

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Hi. Welcome.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Marcia wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:04 pm Hi, I've just joined after many times looking at this site, I've been enjoying wearing skirts for many years and just looking for a group to share the experience with.
Welcome, we can always use another person to spread the work about men wearing skirts.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome. I just want to point out the rule,
5. No female screen names (unless you are a woman). We are committed to gender honesty.
viewtopic.php?t=9620
Unless you are female, you might want to fix things before some moderator causes you grief.
Sepchugang

Post by Sepchugang »

Welcome to the cafe!
I’ve only recently joined myself but there is a good group of supportive members and a wealth of experience to help us newbies who just enjoy wearing skirts whenever we can.
Sep
Cram

Post by Cram »

Jim wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:50 am Welcome. I just want to point out the rule,
5. No female screen names (unless you are a woman). We are committed to gender honesty.
viewtopic.php?t=9620
Unless you are female, you might want to fix things before some moderator causes you grief.
hi Jim and thanks for the info, unfortunately I am a male who unfortunately picked this username and as I wasn't aware of this stipulation until after my application was excepted and I can't seem to work out how to change it then the only thing you can do is to have my membership to this site cancelled, sorry.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I'm fairly sure Carl can change your name if needed.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:28 pmI'm fairly sure Carl can change your name if needed.
I can absolutely change the screen name, and the issue was already addressed by Uncle Al. We're just awaiting an answer.

It's likely worth noting that it's become clear that very few folks are aware of the rules and guidelines -- and those really do exist for a reason. We're not about to go draconian on the place, but still we'd like to keep things more or less in line with the mission of the forum.

I prefer a gentle touch to the Iron Fist approach, but whilst I do not enjoy (in the least) the exercise of raw power, I can when pushed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Marcia :D

I've sent you a Private Message and awaiting your response.
If you're having trouble accessing Private Messages, make a
post about it so we can help you :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Hello! :D
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Carl,
I'd be fascinated to find out about your 'Raw Power'. At 76 inches altitude I'm sure much of it would go way over my head anyway.

Btw. Welcome, Newbie.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:47 pmI'd be fascinated to find out about your 'Raw Power'. At 76 inches altitude I'm sure much of it would go way over my head anyway.
In this situation, "raw power" is what one possesses by virtue of one's rank. In my case, it's what I'm capable of given my administrative rights which in the context of SkirtCafe are almost total. I do not enjoy, in the slightest, exercising those in opposition to others, other than outright troublemakers. I've had to in the past -- where I had to shut the entire forum down in the middle of an overt act of vandalism, which eventually got sorted -- but not recently, which I'm happy for.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm secretly gobsmacked at what you do to keep the Forum running smoothly for the rest of us.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Well, I suppose you could be from Brazil where Marcia is also a male moniker; or a simple change to Marcus and still keep the War God & Men from Mars! Carl can open the doors to more creative things !

Welcome,
Pura Vida from Ticolandia, looking forward to hearing more.