Missing Cafe' Members

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Missing Cafe' Members

Post by denimini »

shadowfax wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:28 am This post from Sinned and some others from him, after it in the same thread may be the ones that you recall Faldaguy?
They are from January 2023.
Well spotted and that is my recollection. It is nice to know that Dennis looks in now and then (so alive and hopefully well). I can understand that there would not be much to write about until something improves general acceptance of skirt wearing, like the King wearing a skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

denimini wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:12 pm
shadowfax wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:28 am This post from Sinned and some others from him, after it in the same thread may be the ones that you recall Faldaguy?
They are from January 2023.
Well spotted and that is my recollection. It is nice to know that Dennis looks in now and then (so alive and hopefully well). I can understand that there would not be much to write about until something improves general acceptance of skirt wearing, like the King wearing a skirt.
Thanks. :)
denimini wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:12 pm ... like the King wearing a skirt.
Please be careful, Anthony, I can hear the kilt police honing their dirks. :wink:
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Yes, Shadowfax, that is the post I was recalling -- it seems, sadly, pretty clear that the tension has not yet resolved.

I've yearned for some means we could offer to those who face similar resistance a helping hand. This might be an opportunity for an author among us to publish a book or booklet on MIS that could open some minds -- a Primer for the family, friends, and Significant others in the lives of MIS?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Faldaguy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:19 amI've yearned for some means we could offer to those who face similar resistance a helping hand. This might be an opportunity for an author among us to publish a book or booklet on MIS that could open some minds -- a Primer for the family, friends, and Significant others in the lives of MIS?
If I ever come up with a foolproof argument in favour of style choice for men I'll be sure to pass it along. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for one.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Faldaguy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:19 amI've yearned for some means we could offer to those who face similar resistance a helping hand. This might be an opportunity for an author among us to publish a book or booklet on MIS that could open some minds -- a Primer for the family, friends, and Significant others in the lives of MIS?
We could design a fake Chick tract :P

(ok, perhaps a bad suggestion)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pm If I ever come up with a foolproof argument in favour of style choice for men I'll be sure to pass it along. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for one.
The smartest engineers and designers can not come up with anything foolproof.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm:
When it comes to women, NOTHING IS FOOLPROOF - EVER !

:hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:07 pmWhen it comes to women, NOTHING IS FOOLPROOF - EVER !
In other words, I should abandon the quest, eh?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

crfriend wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:20 pm
Uncle Al wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:07 pmWhen it comes to women, NOTHING IS FOOLPROOF - EVER !
In other words, I should abandon the quest, eh?
Never give up. Just because there are no foolproof approaches that can be shared doesn't mean that there isn't a way for each to make a breakthrough in their own situation. Perseverance itself is one of the strongest tools one can possess.
$.02 :)
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pm
If I ever come up with a foolproof argument in favour of style choice for men I'll be sure to pass it along. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for one.
I've got one...

"Whom does it harm?"

Or my personal favorite when being asked by a woman wearing pants...

"Well, you're wearing pants...."

Gets em every time...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

nzfreestyler hasn't posted in quite a while. Anyone know why? They used to post pretty regularly.

I notice that they have removed all of the images of outfits from their "Pics and Looks" thread.
The images were linked to a flickr account.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I just want to mention the original Tom, without whom this forum would never have existed.