Skirt storage

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jordan

Skirt storage

Post by jordan »

How do you keep your skirts organized? I have wayyy more skirts than I ever did pants, since ditching the latter. But I find I have piles of skirts and it can be difficult to find one, or visualize my options.

I think my ideal system would be a combo of shelves for heavy skirts, and wall hangers for the light ones.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt storage

Post by phathack »

The lightweight skirts are on clip hangers in the closet.
The heaver and longer ones are in drawers in the dresser.
Dresses are on hangers in the tall item part of the closet, which as it turns out most of the tall items are Dresses.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

photoguy207 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:31 am I have a bunch of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRH8X5RN?re ... b_ap_share
I bought a set and I like those hangers. Might buy more. But…

There is a company that sells an add-on hook that slides over the hook. It’s plastic, but looks promising. You use your own hangers and each hanger hangs off the add-on hook above it. The nice thing about this system - it lets you remove the middle hanger while the rest of the clothes stay in the closet. I’d like to try these out:

https://a.co/d/ibtiuAl

There are variations of these in metal.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

I use Skirt Hangers (from eBay) with a rail hook at the top and hanging hook at the bottom, meaning that I can hang up to 4 Skirts on one master hanger in my Wardrobe - thereby reducing overall hanging space. My 20 Skirts subsequently take up minimal Wardrobe space compared to hanging each Skirt individually. That is, just 5 such Skirt Hangers holds 20 Skirts.
Cram

Post by Cram »

I use hangers as it keeps them hanging straight and they don't get creased from folding.