Ahoy from washington(state)

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Ahoy from washington(state)

Post by timemeddler »

After one too many hot summers I finally decided to wear something that wasn't full length pants for the first time in probably a decade or so, and being the smart guy I am, I turned to the skirt(maybe just a little bit of the rebel in me as well). So over the summer I picked a couple of pairs from goodwill and have been wearing them all about every time the weather warms up. I don't even own a pair of shorts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Ahoy from washington(state)

Post by denimini »

Welcome and yes summer is the time that stimulates the thought of wearing skirts. I have never heard of skirts referred to as pairs before so is it a habit of talking pants or do you mean, like buying rabbits in pairs, you purchased 4 skirts.
We have one of our Members Exraodinaire moving to Washington State soon.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome from Illinois! Yep, skirts are much more comfortable in hot weather when you need to wear something.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Welcome aboard -- you'll find a number of rebels around the table. I am in Costa Rica, but often in the Pacific NW and have family throughout the region, so we might have an opportunity to meet. As mentioned above, another active member of this cafe is moving to WA soon; I will be on an island in the Columbia for the winter months and hope to meet up with some of the other members while there. Maybe even in the Goodwill store -- a great place for skirts -- an inexpensive and convenient way to find your niche(s)! Join in, share your adventures -- you will find a great range of interests and topics herein.

Pura Vida,
Faldaguy
timemeddler
Distinguished Member

Post by timemeddler »

the one on airport way?
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Not Airport Way, but that might be good as I've found most Goodwill Stores to work well in stuffing my wardrobe! We are usually in Oregon due as my parents are there and we both have ties to the State; but overall I've had excellent luck with Goodwill Stores in general. Moon is just arriving in WA and we are about 3 weeks away from our Puget Is sit.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Hi

Welcome from an adhoc member. Now you have worn a skirt I doubt you will stop and very sure that you will never own a pair of shorts.

Any one who challenges an unnecessary society construct based upon gender, especially one sided society constructs is a rebel.

Go for it. Good luck.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.