Hello from Cardiff. UK

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Cardiff. UK

Post by Kirbstone »

I've been subverting the dominant paradigm for years now and I'm no better off.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

None of this negativity Tom! How do you know that -- you appear to be doing pretty darn well, so maybe your subversion has been serving you just fine! At least you had some fun along the way.

Pura Vida
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Hi

Welcome from an adhoc member!

You will find many like minded individuals on this site and quite happy to talk about experiences even if mentioned elsewhere in the 'library'. Hope you enjoy skirt wearing far more and out and about in public. Sorry to hear about your wife's views but hopefully in time this may change. Two positive aspects I note, one she has not said no, period, and the other is borrowing one of your skirts to go out in. My wife is fully supportive but my shortest skirts at 33 inches are to long for her.

With regards winter period, I wear skirts all year, wind, rain and snow. I put on knee length socks, heavier skirts than the summer light weights, but I also wear slips. They, for me feel cooler in the summer yet in the winter add another layer. The secret to keeping warm is multiple thin layers not one big thick layer. Trapping air between layers creates warmth but in the summer reflects heat from the sun penetrating straight through a single thin piece of material. As with everything it is down to one's personal preference. I am very comfortable in a skirt winter or summer and the seasons inbetween.

Like you I am content as a biological male, a man, but a man who believes that freedom of choice, expression and individuality applies to all especially in clothing.

Good luck.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.