You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Post by Jim »

I've run into this message several times recently. Is there a rule we can't respond to several people within a certain period of time?
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Post by crfriend »

Jim wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:17 amI've run into this message several times recently. Is there a rule we can't respond to several people within a certain period of time?
Yes, there is, and it had been set 300 seconds (5 minutes) to try to cool off what looked like a chatbot that had been turned loose in the forum in full-auto mode and which was taking the place over. I've halved that, so humans will have an easier time with things.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Thanks. That makes sense and the shorter time should help. I read the other new posts and decided I didn't want to reply to any of them, so I can respond to this one.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

I had this issue a couple of times myself but since I just recently started posting I thought it was th way things had always been. Thanks for bringing it up Jim and thank you cried for adjusting it.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin