US Senate dress code

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: US Senate dress code

Post by Barleymower »

How about a mix of the two? How about a shirt and skirt combo?
I had a great day out with my kids 2 weekends ago. I wore a pink skirt with a navy V-neck and white shirt. My son had a chiffon type skirt with a sweatshirt and my daughter had a black skirt, tights and jumper. My eldest son was in normo. We walked from Paddington to Whitechapel (just beyond the Tower) and had no problems at all.
I had a nice chat with a lady on the train, a bite in macdonalds at Charing Cross another chat with a guy on his daughters scooter.
It's a bit off topic but wanted to share anyway
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:28 pm It's a bit off topic but wanted to share anyway
In context, you could run for a place at Westminster.
Start a new party, The Men's Liberation Front.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Good plan Stevie. We definitely need one.
Maybe I should get onto Richi Sunak and Kier Starmar and be the Minster for Men Right (in skirt) with whoever wins the next election.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

crfriend wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:28 pm I cannot imagine this.
JohnH wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:49 pm Skirt, and hosiery. Any person not wearing a coat and tie would have wear a skirt and hosiery.
The howls of protest would be the stuff of legend. That's not going to happen. Full stop.
I would much rather wear a dress with hosiery than to be coerced into wearing a monkey suit with a gravy magnet tie against my will. (Ties seem to attract gravy and you can never get the stain out.) I guess I would have to claim to be a trans-woman to wear the skirt - ugh!

John
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

As far as I can tell the newly adopted US senate dress code specifies business attire for men and women then goes on to list the specific items that men must wear but does not do the same for women. Further promoting the idea that successful men must be conformers.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

As far as I can tell the newly adopted US senate dress code specifies business attire for men and women then goes on to list the specific items that men must wear but does not do the same for women. Further promoting the idea that successful men must be conformers.
Modoc
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The House chamber (one particular member) could use a lesson in conforming government business wear.
One individual with no jacket always presenting himself as a HARD working representative -
BUT yet no sweat (perspiration) to mark this HARD work.
All his partners aids fellows around him suitably attired with jackets
And this member is the Chairman of a Committee.

Imagine a Supreme Court Justice or any member on the legal side NOT wearing robes !

Imagine - - - - - ? #&%***** !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !