Successful kilt debut at church

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Successful kilt debut at church

Post by STEVIE »

JohnH wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:47 am I guess I'm doing my part in helping to.eliminate gendered clothing.
No guessing about it you are doing your bit.
The problem is that organised religions or more correctly, the people who organise religions don't really want that to happen.
Non-conformity can be equated with heresy in some minds.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:58 am
JohnH wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:47 am I guess I'm doing my part in helping to.eliminate gendered clothing.
No guessing about it you are doing your bit.
The problem is that organised religions or more correctly, the people who organise religions don't really want that to happen.
Non-conformity can be equated with heresy in some minds.
Steve.
John you are absolutely doing your bit to eliminate gendered clothing.
Steve, is it heresy or sin or both?
The point I was trying to make in my previous post is women do not want to solely wear womens clothes . Why should we be made to feel guilty/deviant/heresy or a sinner for wanting to wear nice skirts and dresses?
I am not fan of all that Thom Brown stuff either, it's bland!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Nobody in my church.has ever made me feel guilty for my attire, including my dresses, heels, etc. In fact a number of women have complimented me.
And my church is NOT into LGBTQ+ or social justice. Rather it is into the Gospel of salvation.

John