The epilator

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The epilator

Post by rivegauche »

Having established the initial stages of using the Phillips Lumea, I am now well into the maintenance stage. I don't do it as frequently as I should but the leg hair is almost gone except for the grey ones and these are easily eliminated by a quick run over with the epilator. Add moisturiser and you get superbly smooth legs that look great even in fine denier sheer tights. I had extremely hairy legs so this should work on anyone with bushy dark leg hair and light skin. I don't have partner to pacify and if one came along I would just be honest with her about my reasons for having hair-free legs.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I have an IPL device too, not the Lumea because it was too expensive.
Eight weeks in and working well enough that going sans hosiery in the office has been easier than ever.
I did have a starting advantage, my legs weren't especially hairy in the first place and as for significant others?
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:41 pm I have an IPL device too, not the Lumea because it was too expensive.
Eight weeks in and working well enough that going sans hosiery in the office has been easier than ever.
I did have a starting advantage, my legs weren't especially hairy in the first place and as for significant others?
Steve.
I'm not too bothered about leg hair ... maybe I should?
What's does bother me though is back hair! I'm like a balding rug on my back. Mrs BM had a go with wax. It was a skin tearing experience, followed by bleeding, followed by spots. I have not been back for round two.
I've had a go with a beard trimmer taped to a stick and also tried hair removal cream - both with limited success.
There must be something better - could an epilator on a stick work?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:12 pm There must be something better - could an epilator on a stick work?
I reckon you need to enlist someone else's help BM.
Gawds sake, an epilator needs a steady hand otherwise the results might be nastier than waxing.
I tried one years ago and there was little gain for quite a bit of pain and expense, OUCH!
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

FranTastic444 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:05 pm As an aside, it is really interested to note just how good the big Tech companies have got at linking accounts back to the same individual. I run three separate accounts / personas across multiple devices yet since the first moment I clicked on the IPL ad, I've been bombarded with similar ads across my different accounts and machines.
Going through the same internet connection perhaps? Remember, ad serving is less about knowing exactly who you are and more about figuring an IPL ad is a better choice than a tampon ad. It's trying to figure which colour of mud to throw at the wall to see what sticks.