Hot weather kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
KurtC

Re: Hot weather kilt

Post by KurtC »

I recently got 2 lightheart gear hiking skirts and must say they are the lightest way to go.

No modesty issues, step-in with zipper, no apron

Good functioning pockets

Neither masculine or feminine

Made USA, good customer service

I have not worn them much out and about yet but will this summer. Family & Friends are ambivalent to me wearing them.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

KurtC wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:02 pm I recently got 2 lightheart gear hiking skirts and must say they are the lightest way to go.

Good functioning pockets

I have not worn them much out and about yet but will this summer. Family & Friends are ambivalent to me wearing them.
I wore mine out this AM to return a rental car. They are really nice. Material is thin and it’s got like six pockets. Will definitely be a great hiking rig.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

KurtC wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:02 pmI recently got 2 lightheart gear hiking skirts and must say they are the lightest way to go. No modesty issues, step-in with zipper, no apron. Good functioning pockets. Neither masculine or feminine. Made USA, good customer service. I have not worn them much out and about yet but will this summer. Family & Friends are ambivalent to me wearing them.
Agree with your positive points. Seems to be a good, well-made unisex skirt. Weight is important. Trying now to exchange an XL for an XXL, as the waist is too small in A-line.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

SkirtedWalker wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:26 pm Agree with your positive points. Seems to be a good, well-made unisex skirt. Weight is important. Trying now to exchange an XL for an XXL, as the waist is too small in A-line.
That's been my concern about ordering one (besides the price), I'm really unsure about the sizing and how forgiving it is.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

FLbreezy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:40 pmThat's been my concern about ordering one (besides the price), I'm really unsure about the sizing and how forgiving it is.
Well, got the XXL Lightheart Gear skirt. The Lightheart Gear size chart says the XXL fits a 39” waist. I could wear the Lightheart Gear XXL skirt, but it is still tighter than I like. Will do one more exchange to 3XL, and I will report back.

For comparison, my Purple Rain Skirts are XL or XXL, and my Purple Rain Dresses are XL or XXL (chest size is the limiting factor). I comfortably wear size 18 womens Patagonia pants, XL Patagonia womens baggies, and 38” waist mens Patagonia pants.

The Purple Rain Skirts can also range considerably in weight, depending on material. These are all the same XL size.
Granite skirt – 136g (4.8 oz)
Stellar Blue - 140g (5.0 oz)
Teal skirt – 146g (5.2 oz)
Granite kilt – 150g (5.3 oz)
Purple skirt – 171g (6.0 oz)
Sandstone skirt – 179g (6.3 oz)
Sandstone kilt – 203g (7.2 oz)

The Purple Rain XL stellar blue dress is 188g (6.6 oz) for XXL 200g (7 oz). Ms. Bland has hit the mark in optimal functionality, comfort, and weight. In some fabrics, the dress can weigh less than the kilt.

Also for comparison, my SportKilt kilts are all womens size XL in lengths 14, 16 (my favorite), 17, and 18 (standard) inches. Must say I don’t wear the SportKilt kilts much because of the weight, The Hiking Kilt 18” 320g, original SportKilt 17” 518g (18.3 oz) and 18” 534g (18.8 oz). I do have pockets and belt loops on them, which adds some weight.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

KurtC wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:02 pm I recently got 2 lightheart gear hiking skirts and must say they are the lightest way to go.

Good functioning pockets

I LOVE Lightheart gear skirts, I have at least one of every color. I wear them every day. They are about as gender neutral as a skirt can be. they work great in hot weather and I have used them to hike 14,000' mountains here in Colorado in the winter with leggings. do have some Purple Rain Adventure shirts and kilts too. I love the adventure skirts to run in.