Experiences in Finland?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Experiences in Finland?

Post by ScotL »

Sounds like some great experiences Gerd!

It is funny how the “point of no return” can be so daunting and so emboldening at the same time.

In the kilt versus skirt thing, one other issue is it is nice to give the other person an out. By that I mean, we’ve had years of experience coming to grips with a man wearing a skirt for comfort/fashion. The other person may only have had a few seconds/minutes to contemplate what they are seeing. To think that the other person can work through the fact that a man can wear a skirt for fashion/comfort and not be gay/crossdresser/trans is too much to ask of someone so quickly. So they default to calling it a kilt cause “men can wear kilts” and that relieves them from thinking about concepts that bring out a lot of emotion in todays age namely homosexuality/cross dressing/transsexualality.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

ScotL wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:10 am To think that the other person can work through the fact that a man can wear a skirt for fashion/comfort and not be gay/crossdresser/trans is too much to ask of someone so quickly. So they default to calling it a kilt cause “men can wear kilts” ...
Yes, Scot, and this, to my opinion also explains why the presence of wives makes it easier.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

GerdG wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 pm
Yes, Scot, and this, to my opinion also explains why the presence of wives makes it easier.
Agreed. The presence of a woman changes the dynamic away from gay and possibly trans and likely means at a minimum a woman is ok with “cross dressing”. In my opinion
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Uncle Al wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:38 am I really like your "Bag Tag" :D
Are they still available for purchase :?:
They are not for purchase, Uncle Al, but you and others can have them for free. I made them.

There are two slightly different English versions and one German:

https://dress2kilt.eu/images_promotiona ... t-is-2.png

https://dress2kilt.eu/images_promotiona ... -is-2b.png

https://dress2kilt.eu/images_promotional/ja-es-ist.png

They are 60x90 mm/2.4"x3.5" to fit standard laminating pouches with a slot 64x108 mm/2.6"x4.1".
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

GerdG wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:40 pm
Uncle Al wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:38 am I really like your "Bag Tag" :D
Are they still available for purchase :?:
They are not for purchase, Uncle Al, but you and others can have them for free. I made them.

They are 60x90 mm/2.4"x3.5" to fit standard laminating pouches with a slot 64x108 mm/2.6"x4.1".
Thank You :bow: kind Sir :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)