The Mary Sue: Men Finally Stepped Up Their Met Gala Fashion Game After Years of Disappointment

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

The Mary Sue: Men Finally Stepped Up Their Met Gala Fashion Game After Years of Disappointment

Post by Coder »

https://www.themarysue.com/met-gala-men ... gala-2023/

No skirts per-se at the gala this year (at least, none popped up on my radar). But Taika Waititi was wearing a really long jacket, might as well have been a dress. He has been seen in a skirt when hosting some awards ceremony in the past, though it was a brief on-stage event, so may not signify anything particular.

But in general, a positive article decrying boring men’s fashion.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: The Mary Sue: Men Finally Stepped Up Their Met Gala Fashion Game After Years of Disappointment

Post by ScotL »

It really is boring ain’t it?

I was just at a big conference and men are slumming it even more. Shirt and pants. Mono colors. White or blue up top. Brown/black/blue down below. No one even wearing a colorful tie or socks.

Women? Let’s just say I was very jealous of their skirts and dresses that had color and looked way more comfortable than me.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Mary Sue: Men Finally Stepped Up Their Met Gala Fashion Game After Years of Disappointment

Post by Coder »

ScotL wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:24 pm It really is boring ain’t it?
I was a bit surprised when I read the article because men have pushed boundaries at the MET gala before. I wouldn't say what they wore this year was really pushing the envelope, but perhaps it showed to some men can experiment with fashion outside the typical suit.
ScotL wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:24 pm I was just at a big conference and men are slumming it even more. Shirt and pants. Mono colors. White or blue up top. Brown/black/blue down below. No one even wearing a colorful tie or socks.

Women? Let’s just say I was very jealous of their skirts and dresses that had color and looked way more comfortable than me.
Oh yeah this time of year in our hemisphere they start wearing all fun sorts of things. I will say - even when wearing pants out with family - I'm less jealous of women's outfits nowadays, as I am skirting to work nearly full time and am pretty close to my "ideal". I still want to try some stuff (erm, yeah, a dress, maybe) but it's not the 5-alarm fire that persisted all my life.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Good luck with the dress and congratulations on reaching a point where you dress as you please! I’m very jealous. But you’ve been a great inspiration to me in terms of what I have so far accomplished in MIS.

What I find funny about me looking at women now is i used to just look at them and ogle. Now I ogle and am impressed by their skirts. Hahaha.

Note: I use the word ogle in an admiring way not a lascivious way.