Adidas Gender Neutral Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Adidas Gender Neutral Skirt

Post by ScotL »

Midas wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:05 pm
ScotL wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:05 am

There’s something simplistic about the thought of having a garment that is one piece, easy to put on, comfortable and durable. If only the world could create one…
There is such a garment and I wear one every day. It’s called a dress.
Thanks for letting me know. Does the world know about these things you call a dress?
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I happened to find this ad today.
More photos, more description, and the price has been cut to $48.00.
https://www.adidas.com/us/adicolor-cont ... fdGtF&pp=0
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Bertino56 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:04 pm I happened to find this ad today.
More photos, more description, and the price has been cut to $48.00.
https://www.adidas.com/us/adicolor-cont ... fdGtF&pp=0
Keep looking, I bought mine for $36. They had a special on top of the special.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Interesting development. I bought several cheap skirts from an online thrift store. My wife stole one. She wore it tonight and we were goofing around about her stealing mine. Too bad she says. So I brought up the lack of pockets. And gave her the adidas unisex skirt I bought but was the wrong size. Had pockets. She loves it. Says it’s like wearing nothing
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by ScotL » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:00 pm

Interesting development. I bought several cheap skirts from an online thrift store. My wife stole one. She wore it tonight and we were goofing around about her stealing mine. Too bad she says. So I brought up the la"ck of pockets. And gave her the adidas unisex skirt I bought but was the wrong size. Had pockets. She loves it. Says it’s like wearing nothing
Ah, increasing communications and developments that lead toward more fun and support. I've commented here before about skirt snitching and swapping in our household. The river still runs in favor of my other half-- she is not reluctant to commandeer something I find at the thrift store; or to borrow from my side of the wardrobe when she wishes -- I take it as a compliment that my 'taste' has improved! Once in a while she offers me a 'hand-off' she no longer likes which is kind of an endorsement as well. Mostly though I still 'lose' out in the 'material' exchanges but the sharing gives rise to more conversations that are supportive of one another -- something that had to be grown over time despite her, not by design, getting me started on skirts when gifting me with a 'beach wrap' many many years ago.

Your comment also brings to mind the versatility of skirts -- though we don't all have S.O's that share our shirt, pant or shoe size -- many of us can swap skirts easily. Long live skirts for us all -- with or without gender! :D
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

In Europe the Adidas gender neutral skirt is no longer to buy. Also the Unifite concept has disappeared by Adidas.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

GerdG wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:50 am In Europe the Adidas gender neutral skirt is no longer to buy. Also the Unifite concept has disappeared by Adidas.
Sad to say another failed retail adventure.
Ironically, a lot of sportswear is intrinsically gender neutral anyway so it really is no great loss.
Optimism is fine but this outcome was predictable to say the least.
Pity that we will never know how many guys actually bought into this.
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

GerdG wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:50 am In Europe the Adidas gender neutral skirt is no longer to buy. Also the Unifite concept has disappeared by Adidas.
Here you can only buy the light blue one that to me in my opinion, is an odd color to pair with the black offering. Black is universal. Not sure about an odd babyish blue?
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Faldaguy wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:39 am
the sharing gives rise to more conversations that are supportive of one another -- something that had to be grown over time despite her, not by design, getting me started on skirts when gifting me with a 'beach wrap' many many years ago.

Your comment also brings to mind the versatility of skirts -- though we don't all have S.O's that share our shirt, pant or shoe size -- many of us can swap skirts easily. Long live skirts for us all -- with or without gender! :D
It is funny how a couple can bond over clothing. Which reminds me that relationships grow best when they’re just allowed to do so together.

Also funny how you got started too. My wife didn’t gift me a skirt but I found one of hers when I was lamenting about getting dressed after lounging in a towel and thought, hmm, isn’t a skirt kinda like a towel all day?
Paul

Post by Paul »

This reminds me how my wife first introduced me to wearing a beach wrap while staying at a private villa in Spain. I was standing naked at the sink washing some pots when she wrapped her satin wrap around my waist, I’ve been wearing sarong’s around her now for years, I have dozens long and short, but she won’t contend me wearing an actual pull on skirt. Strange.
Always happy when wearing a skirt.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Adidas had a pretty good sale over the Memorial Day weekend (plus an additional coupon) and I picked up the blue version of the black skirt because I've always liked a baby blue color and I have some shirts in a similar tone that my wife really likes when I wear. Just like the black skirt it's very lightweight, probably to the point where you need to be aware of your underwear color. :shock: I'm a fan of the color, but I have a sort of mental block on what shirt to wear when my lower half is bright(-er)...I need to work that out. Maybe white or light grey.

At the same time I also picked up this wrap skirt in black https://www.adidas.com/us/adicolor-clas ... C5475.html which I really like. The dip on the front part is less noticeable when worn than in the photo, I feel. The wrap comes around front and feels very much like an un-pleated kilt. The fabric is quite a bit thicker than the gender neutral skirt but still breathes. It has double snaps and feels very secure, I went up one size from where I was in the gender neutral skirt. The snaps only have one position, whereas the GN skirt had two positions for slight size adjustment. Sadly, and I don't know how I missed this: NO POCKETS. Not even a key pocket! I may have to add something to the inside to hold a key, because I can see wearing this skirt around the yard working on things or taking a walk in the neighborhood.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:30 pm Adidas had a pretty good sale over the Memorial Day weekend (plus an additional coupon) and I picked up the blue version of the black skirt because I've always liked a baby blue color and I have some shirts in a similar tone that my wife really likes when I wear. Just like the black skirt it's very lightweight, probably to the point where you need to be aware of your underwear color. :shock: I'm a fan of the color, but I have a sort of mental block on what shirt to wear when my lower half is bright(-er)...I need to work that out. Maybe white or light grey.

At the same time I also picked up this wrap skirt in black https://www.adidas.com/us/adicolor-clas ... C5475.html which I really like. The dip on the front part is less noticeable when worn than in the photo, I feel. The wrap comes around front and feels very much like an un-pleated kilt. The fabric is quite a bit thicker than the gender neutral skirt but still breathes. It has double snaps and feels very secure, I went up one size from where I was in the gender neutral skirt. The snaps only have one position, whereas the GN skirt had two positions for slight size adjustment. Sadly, and I don't know how I missed this: NO POCKETS. Not even a key pocket! I may have to add something to the inside to hold a key, because I can see wearing this skirt around the yard working on things or taking a walk in the neighborhood.
Saw the blue one advertised for $24 but wasn’t sure of the color. Not sure what I’d wear it with. Also figured I have too many skirts and just don’t wear them enough. But would like to wear more often. Would love to wear to work but what people think of me based on how I dress is associated with their comfort for their health so I best not.