Opinions

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Opinions

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:14 am Fred. I love rhubarb -- add a little sugar, bake in a crisp or pie! In "Friends" circles we sometimes refer to the "prickly friend" -- usually worth listening to as they often bring us up short on our own assumptions and short-comings. Life would be dull without a bit of rhubarb in it! :hmmm:
One of my favorite pies is rhubarb pie (Please leave out the strawberries) baked in a flaky double crust and served with vanilla ice cream on the side. Oh I love strawberry pies too but I like my Rhubarb by itself. Where I was brought up the Pennsylvania Dutch made some of the best rhubarb pies in the world. (At least the world I knew at the time.)
I must try to find that recipe I had for the Penna Dutch Pie. hmmmm gooood!!! :chef:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

No No No!

Rhubarb and Strawberries, not in pies and not cooked either.
Eaten raw, just washed in cold water.
BTW I am on starvation detail in prep for tomorrow.
Leave out the food chat, my stomach would appreciate it.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

God Speed, Stevie and afterwards you can enjoy as much rhubarb and custard as you like!

And as to the Strawberry, God could have made a nicer berry...but he didn't.
My money however, is on Raspberries......

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !